Worst contract in the NFL

Otis 83

Just now stumbling across this thread. My avatar might betray my bias, but I don't think Zeke's or Dak's contracts are anywhere near the worse contracts. Unless your name is Tom Brady (just go away, Tom! 🤣) no one player single-handedly carries his team to multiple SuperBowls. I think Dak and Zeke both do their part (to varying degrees year-to-year I'll admit) to ensure the Cowboys are contenders. The inabiity to move further in the post-season is tiresome and frustrating - 'Boys are due for a run! But as they are one game out of the best record in the entire league with one week to play, it's hard to say these guys are WAY overpaid. You pay them to be in this position consistently - and they are.

#gocowboys! 

Although my avatar is the Mayberry NC town drunk, I'm a huge Cowboys fan as well.  Live and die by those bozos. 

I guess my frustration with those two contracts is how they were handled by GM.  Zeke should have never been moved up in line ahead of Dak.  They should have franchised Zeke once or twice and see how he's holding up after that.  They should have gotten Dak's deal done in early 2019.  Dak was open to it.  That would have allowed them to sign Dak for the mid to upper 20's.  That was before Russel Wilson and later Patrick Mahomes set the new level in the QB market.  Just Jerry being Jerry.  

By the way, this isn't hindsight on my part, I was saying this in 2019.  It never benefits to wait to sign your QB1 because the market just keeps going up.  It also rarely benefits you to back up the Brinks truck to pay a running back as their production typically declines in year 4-5 and beyond.  Why that is clear to almost everyone but Jerry Jones is frustrating to me.

#gocowboys!

I hear ya. JJ has frustrated many (most, including me) with "bonehead" decisions over the years. But, you can't say that it hasn't paid off for him! 🤣

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 12:27 PM, Texasgrip said:

I hear ya. JJ has frustrated many (most, including me) with "bonehead" decisions over the years. But, you can't say that it hasn't paid off for him! 🤣

I didn't realize we were so close.  Will you PM me your address so I can get the Mrs. to add you to the Christmas Card list?

• Haha 1