ORU at USD/ Game 2

theeagleman5

On 2/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, Old Titan said:

Another oddity:  the ORU-USD women's game today in Vermillion was played nonetheless at noon (the lady Yotes presently destroying ORU 46-19 at the half).

I presume this USD "staff member" had no contact whatsoever with anyone associated with the Coyotes women's team?

Sorry, folks - more and more, I smell a rat on this one...

🤔

It will be very interesting to see if USD actually plays NDSU this weekend. If they cancel, they lock in the #1 seed. Current #2 NDSU would be locked into their win %. Even if current #3 SDSU sweeps UMKC this weekend, they wouldn't be able to catch USD's current win %. I really hope it's just a coincidence, but like OT has been saying, it's awfully convenient timing.

Let's hope the guys are still ok and have no positive tests this week.  South Dakota is known for still having an upward swing in Covid cases.  Time to finish strong and pick up a couple of home wins agaisnt WIU this weekend!

I might be less inclined to suggest such shenanigans if (unlike his counterparts at NDSU and SDSU) the USD coach wasn't such a tool.  

I'm reminded of his behavior the last time the Yotes played at the Mabee Center:  after drawing a technical foul in the first half for his boorish behavior, he waited until right before the ORU player was shooting his free throws to step onto the court toward the lane, clapping furiously & shouting at no one, apparently in hopes of making him miss.

FYI:  it didn't work... 😎