ORU at USD/ Game 2

theeagleman5

Coyotes a 2 pt favorite this afternoon and another close high scoring game is likely. ORU needs this win and we must have at least 20+ from Obanor to get it. The Good Guys cant count on 36 from Max every night and we have to hold USD under 80. Just a little defense please..... TheEagleman is pessimistic and just cant trust this team....South Dakota 87 ORU 83. 😢🏀😢

Well that is devastating. Sounds like it was someone from USD, but if it was transmitted last night during the game, could we see our series against WIU get cancelled next weekend as well? That would be a terrible end to the season going into the conference tourney. 

This really hurts ORU in the Summit standings, and virtually assures that ORU will finish no better than the 4th seed.  With a win today, ORU would still have had a legitimate shot at #2.  Nonetheless, if this season has taught us anything, it’s that any matchup amongst seeds 1-6 will be a dogfight. 

Ok, I'll be "that guy":  isn't this a particularly fortuitous turn of events for USD? 

Keeps them in first place heading into the final weekend... 🤔

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Ok, I'll be "that guy":  isn't this a particularly fortuitous turn of events for USD? 

Conspiracy theorists wonder...   if Max’s buzzer beater had gone in yesterday, would the game be played today???

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

OT fires a shot from the grassy knoll!

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Conspiracy theorists wonder...   if Max’s buzzer beater had gone in yesterday, would the game be played today???

I'm wondering how many times this year, all across the land, games & matches in various sports where wins were needed and expected were played DESPITE close-contact protocols, and games that were potential losses and thus to be avoided were cancelled BECAUSE of close-contact protocols.

And, if anyone thinks that kind of gamesmanship is paranoid delusion, I've got some metal trash cans from the Houston Astros bullpen I'd like to sell you. 😎

trash_can.0.png

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

And, if anyone thinks that kind of gamesmanship is paranoid delusion

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Editor's note in the midst of all this tongue-in-cheek skullduggery:  here's hoping that the young man/woman makes a speedy recovery and all is well with both programs COVID-wise heading into Sioux Falls...

Serious conspiracy question:  a bit premature to presume the close-contact protocols will all be satisfied by the time NDSU needs to get on the bus later this week?

In the interest of transparency, where the heck is the Summit League conference office involvement (if any) in these "play/no play" decisions? 

Is it all left up to the respective athletic administrations of the institutions involved, who obviously have conflicts-of-interest in making these determinations?

"See you all next weekend", indeed...

Another oddity:  the ORU-USD women's game today in Vermillion was played nonetheless at noon (the lady Yotes presently destroying ORU 46-19 at the half).

I presume this USD "staff member" had no contact whatsoever with anyone associated with the Coyotes women's team?

Sorry, folks - more and more, I smell a rat on this one...

What a joke.....lets get the Warren Commission involved....😉🏀😷😬

Good thing the championship game still has to be played to send a team to the NCAA tournament. Their fate is still in their hands. Come out swinging, beat whoever you play in the tournament and take the suspicious COVID cancellations out of it. 

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'm wondering how many times this year, all across the land, games & matches in various sports where wins were needed and expected were played DESPITE close-contact protocols, and games that were potential losses and thus to be avoided were cancelled BECAUSE of close-contact protocols.

And, if anyone thinks that kind of gamesmanship is paranoid delusion, I've got some metal trash cans from the Houston Astros bullpen I'd like to sell you. 😎

trash_can.0.png

Taken at NLCS game 7

95189BD6-DA60-4F85-9D33-D3147FC11235.jpeg