Max Abmas (and Kevin Obanor!) 2020-21 Honors (...and beyond?)

Old Titan

Both Max and Kevin are very efficient. Both are averaging around 45-46% from 3 point range and both are averaging 88-90% on FTs.  Wow!

Yeah, with transfer rules so liberal right now, I'm not sure which is more troubling:  that as the leading scorer in the country Max can pretty much write his own ticket if he wants to; or that blue blood programs such as UK, KU, North Carolina or Duke can pretty much treat the entire college basketball landscape as their own private buffet from which to cherry-pick.

• Like 1

Those blue bloods would not give Max the freedom he has at ORU.  He usually has the ball in hands, shoots from the logo, and is free to drive whenever he wants.  That would never happen at Kentucky.  It is flattering that big name schools would be interested in Max but would be very surpised if he transferred to a blue blood.  They just have too much talent and Max would just be another cog in the system.

I tend to agree. Max is special as a playmaker with every possession running through his hands. As a catch and shoot piece, I doubt he would thrive.

Doesn't mean he won't go, though. I'm sure he'll get a lot of attention this spring (if he's not already).

• Like 1

Yeah. Playing at Rupp Arena in front of 24,000 fans, adored by millions, being coached by a hall of famer, on national TV every night would suck. 

7 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Yeah. Playing at Rupp Arena in front of 24,000 fans, adored by millions, being coached by a hall of famer, on national TV every night would suck. 

There would be pros and cons. I doubt a P5 coach would or could give Max a green light like he currently has. SEC guards are longer and would probably bring his numbers down a bit... So there would be a lot to consider.

If you can raise your profile to a national level at a place like ORU do you risk becoming the 3rd or 4th guy on a P5 team? Maybe you do, but I think Max is talented enough to get an NBA look no matter what he does.

26 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

You post on here more now than when you were a fan.

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

You post on here more now than when you were a fan.

I don't post 90% of the bad stuff I know about coaches and staff on this board. 

But, you are welcome to your opinion of me and my "fandom". That's fine. 

Just now, oruvoice said:

I don't post 90% of the bad stuff I know about coaches and staff on this board. 

But, you are welcome to your opinion of me and my "fandom". That's fine. 

"opinion"??

LOL...

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

"opinion"??

LOL...

Yes. Opinion.

And, knowing what many of them say about you (behind your back), and you still supporting them, makes you a MUCH bigger man than me. 

I'm sorry. I'm just not as good of a Christian man as you are, my friend. I willingly admit that. 

But, as I've said previously...I hold back MOST of what I COULD say about specific people at 81st & Lewis. And, you KNOW this to be true. 

21 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

And, knowing what many of them say about you (behind your back), and you still supporting them, makes you a MUCH bigger man than me.

LOL - gee thanks, I guess...? 🤔

Anyway:  "HOW ABOUT THAT MAX ABMAS!!" 🤪

14 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - gee thanks, I guess...? 🤔

Anyway:  "HOW ABOUT THAT MAX ABMAS!!" 🤪

He's really good. Thankfully he chose ORU. Hope he stays. He's the star on the only program at ORU above .300 winning percentage, other than men's futbol. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

There would be pros and cons. I doubt a P5 coach would or could give Max a green light like he currently has. SEC guards are longer and would probably bring his numbers down a bit... So there would be a lot to consider.

If you can raise your profile to a national level at a place like ORU do you risk becoming the 3rd or 4th guy on a P5 team? Maybe you do, but I think Max is talented enough to get an NBA look no matter what he does.

His numbers would be brought down more than a bit. He'd be lucky to score in the double digits. He's a very good player, and he would have a good shot to get significant minutes at a big program, but he would be LUCKY to be the 3rd or 4th guy at a big program. 

Detroit-Mercy lost a heartbreaker to Northern Kentucky in the Horizon tournament. Davis scored 16 points. 

Summit League POY and First/Second Team Honors should be announced tomorrow (Thursday).

8 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Summit League POY and First/Second Team Honors should be announced tomorrow (Thursday).

There will be some really good players who don’t make that 12-man list.

Players 13-thru-17 could theoretically prove a formidable starting five.