2021 Baseball

TrueBlue82

As some schools begin to release their 2021 baseball schedule, we can start to fill out ORU's projected non-conference schedule.  Here's what I found so far.  Please add to this thread as more information is released.

Mar 5-7 at LSU (3)

Apr 9-11 at Houston Baptist (3)

May 4 at Little Rock

ORU releases its baseball schedule today, so no more detective work is necessary to sift through the schedules of prospective opponents.  A 56 game schedule, with 32 Summit League games (8 games - 4 home/4 away vs. each of the other four baseball schools).

Some interesting notes:

ORU opens at Incarnate Word in Houston on February 19 (less than 30 days from today), with an opportunity for revenge after the Cardinals outscored ORU 31-14 in a three-game sweep last year at JLJ.

Tough three-game series in March at SEC powerhouse LSU will provide a good benchmark for this team.

The May 4 game at UALR listed in the previous thread has been pulled from the schedule.  UALR is now playing at Ole Miss that day.

Big question mark as to where the April 9-11 series with Houston Baptist will be played.  Both schools currently list it as a home series on their respective baseball schedules.

Summit League shifts from a three-game weekend series to four games, with a 9/7 inning doubleheader on Friday.  This is probably due to COVID, but I've always thought that a four game set made more sense with all of the travel involved. 

ORU gets a rare 12 game Summit homestand in late April/early May, hosting Omaha, SDSU and WIU in successive weekends.

How many regular season games will ORU actually play?  With COVID and weather, my over/under is 44.  But, most anything will be better than the 16 games from 2020.

22 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Big question mark as to where the April 9-11 series with Houston Baptist will be played.  Both schools currently list it as a home series on their respective baseball schedules.

HBU has now updated their schedule, confirming that ORU will host the April series in Tulsa. 

Has there been any announcement related to fan expectations at the games? I assume if we're allowed in the Mabee, we'll be allowed back at JL Johnson?

• 3 weeks later...

Only 1 week until Opening Day at Incarnate Word.....wonder if the Good Guys will be improved this season....we got rolled by IW last year......😬:shield-logo:😬