Golden Eagle Guard Defined by Dazzling Creativity (Tulsa World article)

Old Titan

Is this the most positive thing Haisten has written about ORU in at least a decade? Feels like it.

4 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Is this the most positive thing Haisten has written about ORU in at least a decade? Feels like it.

Easily.  

Haisten (along with every other media-type in the state) eviscerated Mike Carter and Billy Wilson for the shabby way that Scott Sutton was dismissed four seasons ago, and other than a fairly critical article on Paul Mills’ body of work last season, I don’t recall him writing anything good, bad, or indifferent about ORU basketball in that four year period. The program simply wasn’t on his radar, but Abmas has obviously caught his attention  

Max really has been a revelation this season; his lightning-fast drives to the rim in transition and his hesitation floaters in the lane have really opened up his perimeter looks. And while his man-to-man defense still leaves a bit to be desired, it should be noted that he has become quite adept at jumping the offside passing lanes for steals. Quickly becoming an extremely well-rounded player!

TheEagleman loves Max.....he could end up being a top 20 ORU player of all time if this continues.....:shield-logo:

• 2 months later...

This thread from January 7th aged quite nicely:  Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World - and yours truly - seeing the light:  "Ya know, that Abmas kid looks like he might be a pretty decent ballplayer!"

LOL - at least it didn't take until the end of the season to jump onto the #MidCourtMax bandwagon.

Also, I think TheEagleman was pretty safe in his hopes that Max could end-up a "Top 20 All-Time" player for ORU.  He's already there - as a sophomore.

You got that right, buddy.....Max is in the Top 10 now and could possibly wind up top 5 if he stays another year.....not expecting Max to stay for two......:circle-logoi:

15 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

You got that right, buddy.....Max is in the Top 10 now and could possibly wind up top 5 if he stays another year.....not expecting Max to stay for two......:circle-logoi:

The fact that an argument must be made whether he's in the Top Five speaks well to ORU's history, doesn't it??

I will go this far right now:  he's already Top Five in the all-time national recognition category, due to the Sweet Sixteen run and leading the nation in scoring. 

When it comes to all-time greats, I love me the likes of some Mark Acres, Tim Gill and Caleb Green, but in terms of "Q" Score, Max blows them away.

He's going to be a household name in college basketball circles as long as he remains in school (let's just hope that school continues to be ORU).