Arkansas-ORU

Keenan Henderson

4 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Try to see the bright side and the glass as half full. I mean, we could have been 0-7 in the non-conference, instead of 0-5, if not for the Kung Flu. 

And, those wins over Will Rogers College, Southwestern Christian Tech, and Bacone JC, were very exciting! GOLD STANDARD! 

1) If you're the new ORUSports troll, can you at least bring back the trolling on the TU board? I miss it. 

2) Careful - the internet police might come after you for that kind of "racist rhetoric" 😆

3) As cynical as my original post was, I remain optimistic for the conference season. None of our losses are were unexpected, and I think we hung around in some of those games a lot better than most of us expected to. I think we would have beaten both TU and UTA.

6 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Try to see the bright side and the glass as half full. I mean, we could have been 0-7 in the non-conference, instead of 0-5, if not for the Kung Flu. 

And, those wins over Will Rogers College, Southwestern Christian Tech, and Bacone JC, were very exciting! GOLD STANDARD! 

Voice is right; things could be worse:  we could be Memphis Tigers fans. 😉

Just goes to show, even 5-star talent can’t overcome bad coaching!

12 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Voice is right; things could be worse:  we could be Memphis Tigers fans. 😉

Just goes to show, even 5-star talent can’t overcome bad coaching!

Yep. And, maybe we can be like Memphis and give Mills a 5-year contract extension...

14 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

1) If you're the new ORUSports troll, can you at least bring back the trolling on the TU board? I miss it. 

2) Careful - the internet police might come after you for that kind of "racist rhetoric" 😆

3) As cynical as my original post was, I remain optimistic for the conference season. None of our losses are were unexpected, and I think we hung around in some of those games a lot better than most of us expected to. I think we would have beaten both TU and UTA.

You think we would have beaten TU, the team that just won at Memphis? Ummm...ok. Maybe UTA, maybe. 

I wish I could say that I'm also optimistic, but I'm just not. Mills has won at a 40% clip, with a bunch of NAIA and D-2 wins figured into that percentage, (45% in conference) and is in year number 4. If you remove the non D-1 games, he is 30-60 overall.

If that makes me a troll, then I guess I am. 

5 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Mills has won at a 40% clip, with a bunch of NAIA and D-2 wins figured into that percentage, (45% in conference) and is in year number 4. If you remove the non D-1 games, he is 30-60 overall.

You are absolutely correct that Mills' winning percentage in conference games over three years is below 50% (45%).  But, to be fair, he took a team that won 25% in conference the year before his arrival, and has improved it each season (36% in year one, 44% in year two, and 56% last year).  I am confident that this year's team has the talent to equal or raise the winning percentage again this season.  While some of his approaches to coaching leave me scratching my head in frustration, he has definitely set the course of this program in the right direction, and he deserves some time to bring ORU back to being a consistent contender in the Summit League.

Not to derail this exchange but while we are discussing one of our coaching staffs, does anyone care to talk about the train wreck that is our WBB program where we consistently suffer beatdowns and have a program that has no hope of even competing in the Summit?  Every year it has been a disaster from the get-go and there appears to be no end in sight.  Is WBB an after thought which all we do is throw money at it with absolutely no expectation of winning anything?  Just asking for a friend.

Womens BB belongs on another thread....who cares?....not TheEagleman....not anymore....🥱

TheEagleman watched the ORU at Arkansas game last night....just a few comments....after the 0-6 start, Coach Mills calls a timeout and berates the team especially Obanor....then we wake up and quickly outscore UA by 13-6....so whatever Paul said appears to work....ORU outscores the Hogs by 40-24 for the rest of the half and frankly....if we had shot the just a bit better we could have been up by 20 at the break....Arkansas was that bad in the first half.....giving up 57 in the 2nd half is almost impossible but not for this team....our D was non existent in the 2nd half....shameful.....frankly this was a game that was there for the taking...even the color guy said so as much on many occasions...."ORU can win this"...but alas we didn't....I think we have some talent....Abmas is a player....Obanor has his moments....Weaver could be a stud....he often appears to be our best player along with Abmas and has a smooth stroke from 3.....but this team is gonna live and die by the 3 and our defensive rebounding was horrible....Arkansas had their way inside....we need Lufile big time....no beef inside....Obanor is a big dude but plays soft.....anyway....the first half was entertaining....2nd half painful.....honestly this is the first game i have watched start to finish....not sure i can take another.....ouch!.......😬 :tb-blue:😬

On 12/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, ORU82 said:

Officiating is suspect at best.

I assume that was a SEC crew. They definitely helped out the home team with some ticky tack calls against ORU. Even the Arkansas broadcast team questioned some of the calls. I guess that’s life on the road for a midmajor playing a power 5 school 

Unrelated...Tate is a punk.