ORU-OU

eagle88

I predict tonight will be a tough game for the Eagles. We will fight hard but fall 85-70. On a side note why does the coaching staff never talk about injuries....ie Lufile?

Due to HIPPA laws, coaches in every sport are now very limited in what they say about players injuries.  The HIPPA laws also give coaches an excuse to be vague or not even directly address injuries at all.

ORU is +16.5 and O/U set at 159.5.....that's tough because I can see OU winning this game by about 15-25 depending on how we shoot the 3 ball.....perhaps small play on OU and Over tonight.....Sooner take this one 90-71....But let's go Blue! :circle-logoi:

I think that we stay within 15, but much of it depends on how well we shoot the three.  Actually, come to think of it, our entire season rests on how well we shoot the three!

The ORU vs OU game tonight is listed on my Direct TV as being broadcast on channel 640 which is MASN2 (Mid Atlantic Sports Network).

If I had just three minutes to prepare a team for a game, I think I could still come up with something better than “go-stand-at-all-the-Three-Point-Contest-spots-and-just-chuck-it-up-if-you-think-you’re-open”.

Simply not a viable offensive game plan for college basketball, unless of course you’re playing the Southwest Christians and Bacones of the world.

Just another clunker.

No Clover, so must be something wrong with him.

So much hype surrounding Bergen’s, sure would like to see him play against a D-1 opponent.

oh well, maybe Glasper will be on fire against Arkansas and keep ORU in the game.

In case you missed it:  after trailing by up to 30 points in the second half, ORU cuts the lead to 17 with just over 30 seconds to go. OU does the nice thing by holding the ball and letting the shot clock run out. ORU then inbounds the ball at half court with three seconds left, and instead of returning the favor, Abmas runs the ball up and hits a 3 at the buzzer for the classic “bad beat” back-door cover on the 16-point Vegas spread.

Scott Van Pelt would have a field day with that one...

They started out very slow in that first half but looked stronger in the second half.  We all would agree OU is the better team and they proved it throughout the game.  To only shoot 33% from the field and lose by 14 is reasonable.  Thompson showed show life and energy in the second half.  Need to get healthy by the beginning of 2021 and conference play.  ORU's first opponent, Omaha, lost by 42 to Colorado today.  So it could be worse for the Golden Eagles, at least they showed some improvement in the second half.

6 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

They started out very slow in that first half but looked stronger in the second half.  We all would agree OU is the better team and they proved in throughout the game.  To only shoot 33% from the field and lose by 14 is reasonable.  Thompson showed show life and energy in the second half.  Need to get healthy by the beginning of 2021 and conference play.  ORU's first opponent, Omaha, lost by 42 to Colorado today.  So it could be worse for the Golden Eagles, at least they showed some improvement in the second half.

I’m sorry, but I must disagree. Getting down by twenty midway through the first half and then never threatening again is not “reasonable”, and hitting a couple of shots late is not “improvement”.  OU could have picked a score if they wanted to; they called off the dogs, simple as that.

It’s a pattern we’ve seen time and time again against Power Five teams the past four seasons, and there’s nothing competitive or admirable about it.  It’s just embarrassing.

No problem.  Everyone has the right to post their ideas.  That is what the sports forum is all about.  While ORU will never be a great inside team, still missing their three bigs (Lufile, Clover, and Plet) hurt their chances agaisnt the Sooners.

Lol - thanks for the clarification. For almost two decades, I was under the impression the ORU Message Board was just a site for Top Ten Lists and really bad haiku.