Missouri

ORU GRAD

It does give one pause to see Lacis at the "4".  In his first two seasons he never played well along the baseline; always tending to drift back out beyond the arc where he seemed more comfortable shooting threes or driving from the wing.

Is he willing to go right at guys from the "4", and defend larger guys there as well?  I guess we'll find out really quick tonight against a formidable SEC frontline.

ORU at Missouri replay will be on the SEC Network at 12noon on Thanksgiving Day. :circle-logoi:

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU at Missouri replay will be on the SEC Network at 12noon on Thanksgiving Day. :circle-logoi:

Is it available live?

It’s on SEC+ Network.  I don’t think it is being broadcast on any channel.  However, due to my Directv account, I can access the game through the ESPN app on my phone, and cast it to the TV. 👍

It seems like the ORU Sports Network is not working for this game.  It keeps saying error loading.  Did anyone get it to work?

You can watch the live stream of this game on the Watch ESPN website; it is of course a Missouri broadcast team.  ORU trails by 10 at the half. 

If you do tune in, you will see a lot of familiar things from a lot of unfamiliar faces:

• Too many threes at ill-advised times
  • Too many drives allowed to the rim 
  • Too many fouls

I can’t tell how good Missouri is, but they are athletic, long, and deep. 
ORU appears more talented than in previous years under Paul Mills, but they look chaotic and undisciplined, which unfortunately seems to be a staple of this coaching staff regardless of who’s on the floor. 

Meanwhile, on Screen #2 I’m watching SDSU give #15 West Virginia all they want right now in Sioux Falls, and the difference between the two preseason Summit League favorites could not be more pronounced. The Jackrabbits look aggressive, poised, and extremely well-coached. Their basketball IQ is off the charts for a low-major. Frankly, they are really fun to watch.

TheEagleman has Mizzou and the over... Gonna make plenty of $$ to pay for Thanksgiving Dinner.....😁🏀😁

40 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Meanwhile, on Screen #2 I’m watching SDSU give #15 West Virginia all they want right now in Sioux Falls, and the difference between the two preseason Summit League favorites could not be more pronounced. The Jackrabbits look aggressive, poised, and extremely well-coached. Their basketball IQ is off the charts for a low-major. Frankly, they are really fun to watch.

I agree OT. SDSU looks really good.

Second half has been abysmal.

Here it is in a nutshell, over a five possession span:

ORU:  missed three, missed three, turnover, made bucket, missed three

Missouri:  drive for a lay-up, drive for a lay-up, free throws from an ORU foul, lazy turnover, wide-open three. 

Multiply that by 10, and that’s basically what the second half felt like. 

Brutal start....ouch....not sure TheEagleman wants to watch that replay tomorrow and spoil my holiday dinner...hopefully ORU can handle Rogers State on Saturday....🏀😬🏀

First off, I want to thank the Athletic Department for the new ORU Athletics App., and also the move of the radio broadcast to ESPN 99.9 FM.  I could not get either the app to work or find 99.9 FM on the Tune-In app.   HOWEVER, I did tune the game in on the SEC Network.  After watching on and off because I am also watching SDSU give No. 15 WVU all it can handle, I must concur with what OT posted above.  We appear to have some talent but no discipline and where was Lufile?  Really not impressed with either the team or the Athletic Department.  Again, the Athletic Department did a fantastic job for making it impossible for fans trying to follow the team from outside of Tulsa.  Thanks to the SEC Network for carrying the game.  

No post presence at all and K.O. still wants to live by the outside shot.  Any word on Lufile?  He could give ORU some inside toughness and rebounding.  We don't want to hear it but the Eagles are a year away from being a top three team in the Summit.  Missouri's guards just pounded ORU's backcourt in the second half.  Thought coach might put the highly rated freshman, Bergmans, in after it became a blowout.

I thought that Glasper played decent defense and looked pretty good overall.  Kareem Thompson had several sloppy turnovers and had some defensive breakdowns.  The post defense was at times nonexistent.  I understand that Missouri had a lot of height but they outrebounded us by 12.

We shot 35 3-point attempts and made only 7 of them (20%).  That is out of 66 total shots.  So we only attempted 31 2-point buckets.  We have a lot of athleticism and should focus more on driving to the basket and either scoring or drawing foul shots.  We shot way too many 3-pointers and many of our 2-point shots were also jump shots.  That is how you end up averaging 35% shooting for the game.

We have a nice roster of long and lanky athletic players who should be able to be coached up to play decent defense.  If defense is not Coach Mills' specialty, then he needs to find an assistant coach who can coach solid defense, or we will waste the next couple years until he wears out his welcome.  Until the focus on consistent defense improves, we will land around 9-9 in the Summit League, be a 4 or 5 seed in the conference tournament, and likely get bounced by the 2nd round.

I like Lacis, but I would prefer to see DJ Weaver starting instead of Lacis.  I know they are slightly different players, but Weaver is long enough to play solid defense as well as Lacis.  Hopefully this team can improve defensively over the next couple of weeks and get it together.  

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

If defense is not Coach Mills' specialty, then he needs to find an assistant coach who can coach solid defense...

Begging your pardon, but what exactly IS his specialty?

Shot selection?

Offensive sets?

in-game adjustments?

Player development?

Pre- and post-game remarks?

Whoever eventually follows in his footsteps might be able to do something with what appears to be a slowly-improving roster in terms of talent, but thinking what we saw tonight is somehow going to get better under the current regime a month, or a year, or a decade from now is simply wishful thinking.

It’s just the same bad musical we've all suffered through the past three years, only now with slightly better singers. 

Disappointing start to the season but still good to have college basketball back.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

20 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Disappointing start to the season but still good to have college basketball back.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Well played, KH - well played...

So, allow me now to step away from the keyboard, take a few deep cleansing breaths, and also wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving in these most historic & hysteric times.

richard schiff pie GIF