Idea for an article, need your help

major_mid

Hi all, 

In advance of the start of the season. I want to do a impact newcomers brought to you by the fan forums story for the website. So I am going to pick two players who are new this season (transfer or freshman) for each team, but they are going to be chosen by the members of the fan forums. So I am hoping everyone here can chime in with their top two newcomers and why. I will take what seems to be the consensus top two and add quotes that are commented below along with a link to the forum site for other fans to check out. So who are your top two ORU newcomers this season? As I said I will be posting the story Monday the 16th so will begin working on prior to that.

I’ve heard good things about Kareem Thompson and RJ Glasper. Probably bigger roles on this year’s team than a true freshman in Bergens. 

• Upvote 1

RJ Glasper for transfer, Going to need solid point guard play. Nate Clover for freshman. He probably won't get a huge amount of playing time this year but I'm hoping he's a defensive anchor for the future.

Just to add to Dr. Cornelius: Kareem Thompson is such a unique player because he can play so many roles on the court.  He can pass, rebound, shoot, and guard a variety of spots 1-3.  One of those kinda of position less players that we hear so much hype about.  Would love to see him start at the point guard position at 6'6.  ORU has a lot of guys that can shoot and score but may lack defense and toughness.  Clover off the bench will bring a lot of defense and toughness to this team, which in the long run will be more important then just offense.  He is buildt like a tank and can rebound and block shots at a high level.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

ORU has a lot of guys that can shoot and score but may lack defense and toughness.  Clover off the bench will bring a lot of defense and toughness to this team, which in the long run will be more important then just offense.  He is buildt like a tank and can rebound and block shots at a high level.

That's my thinking as well. ORU didn't have a problem scoring last season, it was getting timely stops that was the problem. If Clover can play a part in anchoring the middle and improving the defense that will go a long way.

Kareem Thompson and Jamie Bergens would be my picks.  Thompson due to his uniqueness and versatility (as mentioned by others).  Bergens due to the 4-star recruiting grade, which raises a lot of expectations (but also increases the risk of disappointment).  Very excited about the quality and depth of this incoming class.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Kareem Thompson and Jamie Bergens would be my picks.  Thompson for his uniqueness and versatility (as mentioned by others).  Bergens because of the 4-star recruiting grade, which raises a lot of expectations (but also increases the risk of disappointment).  Very excited about the quality and depth of this incoming class.  

Kareem is an actual key to ORU success this year. His athleticism and quickness will help in the backcourt with so many additions and returning players. We will match up better also in the frontcourt this year with opposing teams. Our Non-Conference schedule will hopefully prepare us for the Summit League. 

We will get a look at the new guys and returning players later this week during the Blue-Gold game. 

39 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

We will get a look at the new guys and returning players later this week during the Blue-Gold game. 

Hard to make guesses at this stuff until we see them in action. When is the blue gold game again?