• Anthony Roberts
  • Alvin Scott
  • Greg Sutton
  • David Vaughn
  • Rocky Walls
  • Chad Wilkerson
  • Eddie Woods
  • Haywoode Workman

Next Ten:  Jeff Acres, Robert Griffin, Heywood Hill, Robert Jarvis, Marcus Lewis, Antonio Martin, Sam McCants, Sebastian Neal (look him up), Larry Owens, Ray Thompson (look him up, too)

Neal georgia transfer thompson iowa both great players not much support right?

20 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Top 50, along with these other 19 really nice players (in no particular order) - Luke Spencer Gardner, Jonathan Bluitt, Duane Fox, Sam McCamey, Lester Gill, Carl Hardaway, Dana Lewis, Earl McClellan, Ricky Baskin, Akin Akin-Otiko, Willie Irons, Yemi Ogunoye, Moses Ehambe, Marquis Barnes, Kevin Ford, Josh Atkinson, Eric Perry, Derrick Taylor, Clarence Thompson, and Clifford Crenshaw.

Okay, okay...No. 51 - Emmanuel Nzekwesi. 😉

One yr lester gill eh i quess u werent a sam potter fan or how about charles dorsey?

OT, and any other long timer, knows that while E-man is a nice kid, he's not top 50 at ORU. 

Top 100...maybe. 

Heck, the Caleb/Ken years, he would have been the 3rd or 4th sub off the bench. Even the 1989-1991 (NAIA years), he wouldn't have broken into the starting line-up. 

• Upvote 1

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, that is what this forum is for and I respect the following rankings that were posted.  E-man did finish 11th all time in scoring and 6th all time in rebounding.  Yes that is because he played 4 years when others maybe only 2 or 3.  Say what you want but that this still impressive!  The original point was that a respected magazine thinks Bergens will be better then E-man, so that is something to look forward to.

@oruvoice Did you see ORU offered a player from Memphis (White Station)? Isn't that one of the better high school programs in the city?

It's always difficult evaluating and comparing players of different eras and this is a spread of 50 years....OT's list above is an excellent one and that man IS surely the guru of ORU Men's Basketball.....TheEagleman thinks that the stats alone along with 4 yrs of service put E-Man in the Top 50 ORU mens players of all time...is he in the Top 30?  well, probably not but the kid did play with a ton of heart....this is a very enjoyable and entertaining discussion....I appreciate the opinions from every generation of ORU roundball fandom....too bad some of the younger guys don't have the appreciation or context for just how VERY GOOD this ORU team was in the early to mid 70's....believe me, ORU surely could have and maybe should have won the National Title in 1973-74....that team had the talent and ability to score the ball....just not a lot of discipline on the defensive end....if we had played just a little D in the last 3 minutes of regulation in the Midwest Regional Final vs. Kansas then ORU would have reached the Final Four in the programs' 3rd year of D-1 basketball and under 10 yrs of existance of the University.......that would  have been truly historic and could never be accomplished today.....:circle-logoi:

16 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

@oruvoice Did you see ORU offered a player from Memphis (White Station)? Isn't that one of the better high school programs in the city?

I did see that. And, White Station is my alma mater. And yes, they are a big school (think Union here in Tulsa), but basketball is king in Memphis, where football is here. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like practice should start in a few days.  Hopefully we get some pictures on twitter.  Anyone on the forum have access to the practices?  Maybe get us some insights to the team or key players.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything from any "insiders" regarding practices so far.  I was pleased to see ORUAthletics.com update the 20-21 MBB roster on their website with pictures of each player, giving us all hope that the players have arrived on campus, are eligible, and are participating in practice. 

One question mark - there is no picture of Kareem Thompson - 6-6 JUCO transfer guard.  Perhaps he was sick or had another commitment on photo day, but things like this always raise a question.  Any insights from the ORU faithful?

Eight of the fifteen are newcomers to the roster - and they certainly look like nice additions to the program.  Can't wait for some ORU hoops! 

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Haven't heard anything from any "insiders" regarding practices so far.  I was pleased to see ORUAthletics.com update the 20-21 MBB roster on their website with pictures of each player, giving us all hope that the players have arrived on campus, are eligible, and are participating in practice. 

One question mark - there is no picture of Kareem Thompson - 6-6 JUCO transfer guard.  Perhaps he was sick or had another commitment on photo day, but things like this always raise a question.  Any insights from the ORU faithful?

Eight of the fifteen are newcomers to the roster - and they certainly look like nice additions to the program.  Can't wait for some ORU hoops! 

I believe there are only two guys that ORU offered for next year that have not committed (could be wrong) We have exciting additions this year and I have inquired about the non conference schedule but not completed according to the season ticket office. With the year eligibility added to this year's squad maybe they will not need over one additional player. Just an assumption and opinionated observation. The ticket sales can have 20% capacity at the Mabee this year or approximately 2400 fans and that would be a normal for fan interest the past few years. They talked like no games in November but will have games in December. That is per their conversation and may not be correct. How are we to get fan interest if there is no team visibility from the program with TV local or the Athletic Department?

Not too surprising that K.O. is named preseason first team all conference and Max 2nd team all conference.  They both are talented players who should rise to the top for ORU this season.  The big surprise is that the coaches ranked the Golden Eagles 2nd in the Summit League standings.  ORU lost 4 out of their top 6 players and the coaches think they will be better then last year?  This team is young and talented and at times will play well and at times they may have us scratching our heads.  I would rank them in the middle say 4th in the Summit and most likely 8-8 in league play.