NCAA Approves Nov. 25th Season Start

Old Titan

12 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

TU will not re-schedule. The rest of the schedule is still in place for now, but that could change at any time. 

lol @ TU.

TU must have concerns about how far they would have to travel to play the ORU game. 🙄 If there is any game that it would make sense for them to play it is the ORU game.  Certainly with fewer non conference games available they would want an easy to play game to get their team more playing experience prior to conference season.  

We will likely have an improved team this year but it isn’t as though this year’s team is stacked with Caleb Green, Ken Tutt, and Larry Owens.  However this is not surprising because it is par for the course for TU.

Typical TU....what a bunch of wusses.....still no class.....🤐

31 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

TU must have concerns about how far they would have to travel to play the ORU game. 🙄 If there is any game that it would make sense for them to play it is the ORU game.  Certainly with fewer non conference games available they would want an easy to play game to get their team more playing experience prior to conference season.  

We will likely have an improved team this year but it isn’t as though this year’s team is stacked with Caleb Green, Ken Tutt, and Larry Owens.  However this is not surprising because it is par for the course for TU.

I guess they would rather schedule another pay game. Don't really understand that thinking given the current financial situation at TU but whatever.

Coach Mills can always call up an old friend at Baylor and schedule them!  But maybe not because Baylor is most likely a preseason top three team in the nation.  We can see why TU does not want to play the Eagles because they are suppose to win every time and if they lose to ORU then usually their coach gets fired.  Just like Kansas does not want to play the Shockers (Whicita State).  It is a lose/lose situation.

Come on, TU....show some balls......oh yeah....they don't have any......and never have.....😜

On 9/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, titansforever said:

ORU plans to allow fans into the Mabee Center for home games in a socially-distant manner. 

With these social distancing rules, I wonder how that will affect attendance? Might really put a damper on crowd size. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

With these social distancing rules, I wonder how that will affect attendance? Might really put a damper on crowd size. 

ORU was just about 5 to 10 years ahead in combating the virus. 😉

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 1

I agree. This will be an advantage for our guys! They have been used to playing in an arena with socially distanced fans for a while. 😂

Does the forum think that there is any chance that ORU may play in one of these bubble tournaments that various teams are trying to schedule?  Heard that they will probably have one in Houston, which of course is Paul Mills hometown (also doable bus ride).

On 9/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, oruvoice said:

It will probably be the closest we have come to an announced sellout crowd in a couple of decades! 😆

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Have I missed any announcements yet of actual games being officially scheduled?

I don't believe so. I think everyone is still in the dark as to when/if games will begin.

Six weeks till colleges can start playing games, and ORU’s first official game on their current “schedule” is the conference opener in January?

This has “no fans allowed” written all over it; at least for all (any?) non-conference games in November and December.