Amazing Game Last Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vcboy2000

I am just now starting to recover from my shoutfest last night on our win over OSU. It was one of the most exciting ORU baseball games I've been to. Chad was amazing in his poise when the he got beamed, and our pitchers gave a solid performance despite the amazingly small strike zone. I loved every minute of it.

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more activity on the board today after last night's game. Like you said, vcb, it was a VERY fun game. ORU played great, probably the best I've seen them play all year (although I haven't been to all their games).

I LOVED cheering on the Eagles runs while the OSU crowd sat glumly on their hands. Little ol' ORU isn't supposed to beat the mighty Cowboys.

A buddy of mine says that his OSU workmates were saying that OSU played a "second stringer" on the mound because it was a midweek game. My thought on that was, fine! If a midweek loss to little ol' ORU isn't important to you, so be it! Maybe we can always play you mid-week!

I had a blast last night, and so did the guys I was sitting with. We were laughing so much and the guys played great so it made it that much more fun to cheer!! Bring WSU on!!!!!!!

I am also dissapointed with lack of board activity about the game. Guess our posters don't have access to their computers today.

The game was already full of excitement, but the students I was sitting around made it really fun too. They did a great job of cheering on our guys and heckling the other team.

It would be great if we could get half of the ORU fans that showed up last night at the regular home games at JL Johnson. I think the team would appreciate it also.

Were you guys sitting on the field level seats - right behind the dugout - or were you in the next level up? I don't know what they call it - sort of like a mezzanine level or whatever. Anyway, we were sitting on that level, straight behind the ORU dugout, in a mixture of ORU/OSU fans. By about the seventh inning the OSU folk cleared out, and that's when it really got fun! There were a bunch of ORU students sitting in the ground level seats right in front of us.

I loved it in the top of the ninth, OSU has two outs, and everybody stands and cheers while Sean Jarrett gets the Cowboy batter to pop it up for an easy out. That was really a great feeling.

I was with all of the guys that were heckling OSU. We were right above our dugout and our boys were loving it. We even got some smiles out of the OSU guys from a few of the things said, it was funny. When you can get a reaction out of 'em, thats the best, cause then you know you're having some effect!!! :D

Wow, we are season ticket holders and we had to sit up one level. I can't believe that we got those poor seats. How did the maniacs get such good seats?

(I'm sorry - I just couldn't resist that) :lol:

Guest Mount Baldy

The Mabee Maniacs had an incredibly positive effect on the baseball team against OSU. There was also a huge group of students at last Friday's game vs. Bethune Cookman. EVERYONE appreciates the student turnout at baseball. I wonder if we can look forward to face paint and costumes for baseball like the Maniacs do for basketball??? And maybe a new name for the group for baseball - the Johnson Junkies?

I don't know about the other students, but my tickets were for the upper level. About half way through the third inning I saw some other guys get up and go down to the lower level. My crew followed suit. It was incredible!

1) It wasn't the "maniacs" at the baseball game, there were a few of us, but there were probably more non maniacs than maniacs. 2) I never even looked at my ticket number, just assuming that it was general admission, and we walked in and saw a bunch of guys and sat with them, and they had done the same. I'm pretty sure our tickets were actually for the upper level, we just didn't sit there. But thanks anyway MrsSmith...

It must be hard to make a joke on the message board.

Or do you just not have a sense of humor?

The "drama" of the bench-clearings was enjoyable! I thought ORU played real well...unfortunately, it's the first game I've been to this season! I will get out to more of them in the coming weeks!

But it was great to see our guys win! They've struggled a bit in the recent weeks, it appears!

We've got to get you out more, ETG! You were a row behind and a section over from where I was sitting. I tried to get your attention but never could catch your eye.

EasyTel,

Tuesday is a home game vs Wichita State. It would be great to get the same crowd out to that game also.

We've got to get you out more, ETG! You were a row behind and a section over from where I was sitting. I tried to get your attention but never could catch your eye.

I saw you tmh! Sorry about my lack of social mixing at the game...I'll be a bit more social next time!

EasyTel,

Tuesday is a home game vs Wichita State. It would be great to get the same crowd out to that game also.

I'm really bummed that I can't be there tomorrow night! :!::(

I've got a community of Jenks leadership thing I'm engaged in and I've got to attend tomorrow night in order to effectively graduate from this thing! That's gonna be a great game!

I'm going to try to get to more games in the coming weeks! :D