Preseason games

rlh

I like the new NCAA rule allowing you to play regular college teams in the preseason instead of the all-star squads we used to play. The smaller college teams make a big deal out of this and beating a Division I team could help make their season. I think it makes us play harder and pay attention or we could lose....what do you think?

I agree. Its great to play UCO, NSU, ST GRegs. Its great for our fans and the region. Good for everybody. Some of these teams have guys that the D-1 players have played with before. I never liked playing athletes first and the like. They had pro or former college guys that did not play as a team and did not get us ready to play college bball. Real teams are better than throw together squads.

They certainly can make for more realistic game situations. These smaller schools look to a game against a D-1 opponent as one of the highlights of their season. The players all dreamed of playing D-1 and this is their chance to shine - if only for a game - at an upper division level.

It is not surprsing to see some of these smaller schools push a bigger program.... I think Syracuse had their hands full a couple of night ago against a small in-state school. The school we play Saturday evening is no push over; UCO returns their top six players and won something around 25 games and was ranked in the top 10 (NAIA?)

They certainly can make for more realistic game situations. These smaller schools look to a game against a D-1 opponent as one of the highlights of their season. The players all dreamed of playing D-1 and this is their chance to shine - if only for a game - at an upper division level.

It is not surprsing to see some of these smaller schools push a bigger program.... I think Syracuse had their hands full a couple of night ago against a small in-state school. The school we play Saturday evening is no push over; UCO returns their top six players and won something around 25 games and was ranked in the top 10 (NAIA?)

I'm wondering if the same thing is happening in Women's hoops as well. Uconn opened their women's exhibition season hosting Houston, winning 71-65, and they were down by about 10 at the half.

yes, UCO is no joke, they're Division II and they return three starters off a squad that went 22-8 and went to the 2nd round of the toueny last year and is expected to be a national contender for the DII crown....

I am obviously placing my bets on ORU in a major way, but UCO will definetly enter the Mabee looking to make some noise.