Back on Campus

ORU GRAD

It is good to see Lufile back and healthy.  He is really a beast around the basket.  Should get more playing time since EMan graduated.

Tulsa?....alert security and show him the gate!!…..😬

we sure its him?    this is from three days ago....he's #5....

15 hours ago, ORUalum said:

we sure its him?    this is from three days ago....he's #5....

I’m confused:  what does #5 for Tulsa have to do with ORU?

There was a post (since deleted I guess)w/a white guy in ORU practice and that it was Urbancic who had offers from TU and ORU but signed w/TU

On a somewhat related note, It wasn’t that long ago that ORU and TU players would get together over the summer months for epic pick-up games at local rec centers.  Former TU head coach and paranoid micro-manager Doug Wojcik put an end to it, which is a shame. 

The only players I recognize are Lufile and Glaspar... my guess is the rest are GAs or random students who happen to be on campus.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

The only players I recognize are Lufile and Glaspar... my guess is the rest are GAs or random students who happen to be on campus.

This ^^^^^

Can’t imagine anyone outside the ORU basketball “family” participating in drills with the ORU coaches and players; for a variety of everyday liability issues only exacerbated by the current pandemic protocols.

It looks like he is also participating in the video of workouts in the first post. My guess is he is a walk-on that is joining the team. No way Tulsa players would be getting coached by ORU coaches. 

Sorry, This was the player in question. My bad. I just don't know who he is. Has Urbancic resemblance.

When I went to ORU, 2002-2005, had a friend at ORU who from time to time practiced with the team.  He thought about walking on but never did.  Just a big guy (6"6) who gave ORU another inside player to practice with.  So yeah maybe this guy is just a student who is filling in until some of the other guys return.  He has good size

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the ORU students are suppose to move back into the dorms on Saturday.  It will interesting to see if all the basketball players are back on campus and if we can get a roster update for 2021.  Most Summit League schools have their rosters updated but the Eagles website still has last year's roster. Side note: Justin Lovvorn, is listed as a former player at both Dallas Baptist and Harden Simmions.  He is 6"3 and averaged 2 points a game so maybe he is another walk-on.

We are back in action. Great to see some new and returnees.