Larry Owens in The Tournament (2020)

Dr. Cornelius

Larry's team plays this Sunday (July 5th) on ESPN2 @ 6PM Central

We watched the game last night.  LO didn't get to play too much.  They were up most of the game, but ended up losing in the last few minutes.  😞

Even though Heartfire lost the game last night, I was very intrigued watching the “Elam Ending” play out to finish the game.  Under normal rules, Heartfire may have been able to milk the clock and force Mackey to foul, while holding on to their lead.  But, under the Elam Ending, Heartfire’s failure to generate any offense in the final minutes of the game was its undoing.  I plan to watch more games in the TBT, just to get a better understanding of how the Elam Ending impacts game winning scenarios and strategies.   But from what I saw, I think this could be a beneficial adjustment to the college game, as the final minutes of a game generally turns into a ugly foul fest.  Anyone else have an opinion on the Elam Ending?

TheEagleman loves it.....the NCAA should pass that change NOW!!!.....first team to 75 wins......🤩

• 3 years later...

Larry Owens is on the Heartfire team playing in “The Basketball Tournament” tonight (August 3).

Here is a story from a couple of weeks ago. 

link: https://cbbreview.com/2023/7/20/tbt-2023-team-heartfire/

@Old Titan is my source for this information. He’s on top of things as usual. 

6 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Larry Owens is on the Heartfire team playing in “The Basketball Tournament” tonight (August 3).

Here is a story from a couple of weeks ago. 

link: https://cbbreview.com/2023/7/20/tbt-2023-team-heartfire/

@Old Titan is my source for this information. He’s on top of things as usual. 

ESPN 7PM (ET)

TheEagleman watched most of this game which was played at Drexel U. here in Philadelphia....didn't see Larry on the court.....did he ever get into the contest?  That big dude from Campbell U. really dominated for Heartfire in the win over Bleed Green.....😎

29 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman watched most of this game which was played at Drexel U. here in Philadelphia....didn't see Larry on the court.....did he ever get into the contest?  That big dude from Campbell U. really dominated for Heartfire in the win over Bleed Green.....😎

LO was injured in the Wichita regional and didn't play in the two games at Drexel.  He has played on Team Heartfire for their entire eight-year history, so I think he is a fixture on the team regardless of his contributions (which have been many and great over time).

• Upvote 2

According to the box score, Larry played for five minutes (four in the first half) and scored five points, making both of his field goal attempts (one from beyond the arc).  Pretty efficient for his five minutes on the court!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

According to the box score, Larry played for five minutes (four in the first half) and scored five points, making both of his field goal attempts (one from beyond the arc).  Pretty efficient for his five minutes on the court!

Scratch what I said!! 🤪  He had his warm ups on during the first game and I never saw them off.  The second game (which I obviously didn't see most of the game) showed him on the bench when the game was on the line, but sounds like he was able to spell the players in rotation for an effective use of his court time.  Thanks for finding the box score TB82.  I could never find them on the ESPN (mobile) website.