2022 Offers

ORUTerry

• 2 weeks later...

6'-11" 2022 prospect Ben Middlebrooks has reclassified for 2021 and signed with Clemson, where his sister plays tennis.  He had additional offers from the likes of Florida, Notre Dame, Maryland, Auburn, Virginia Tech, and Iowa State.

Why does this matter?

Because in this article, he lists his top five finalists before signing:  Clemson, Dayton, Georgia, Ole Miss....and Oral Roberts:

I can't get over the level of talent this coaching staff is offering right now.

And, even if they don't choose ORU, it stands to reason that so many of them including ORU in their list of finalists can't be a bad thing.

• Upvote 2

It is interesting that we are apparently getting considered by some of these “highly ranked” players. Glad that our coaching staff is using the notoriety from the NCAA success to try and upgrade our recruiting. With over 1,425(!) players currently in the transfer portal, the amount of candidates available besides high school & juco recruits is astounding. 

3 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

It is interesting that we are apparently getting considered by some of these “highly ranked” players. Glad that our coaching staff is using the notoriety from the NCAA success to try and upgrade our recruiting. With over 1,425(!) players currently in the transfer portal, the amount of candidates available besides high school & juco recruits is astounding. 

You should see within a couple of weeks a trickle down effect and hopefully ORU will be able to snag a couple of instant contributors for next year. 

18 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Because in this article, he lists his top five finalists before signing:  Clemson, Dayton, Georgia, Ole Miss....and Oral Roberts:

I like the effort! Just need to land a few.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting offer.  House attends Centerville High School in the Dayton, Ohio area which plays at the D-I level out of 7 divisions in Ohio high school athletics.  The district itself has around 8,300 students and just won the Ohio High School Athletic Association State Division 1 title in boys basketball, beating Mentor High School from the Cleveland area.  House is listed as a 6'6"/190 lb. shooting guard and is a junior.  Some of the offers to date that he has listed is Mercer and Robert Morris University but my info is outdated.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sports illustrated cover thing is cool, but it calls ORU the cowboys 😀. At first I thought it was maybe something ORU had made for him as part of the recruiting visit, but I’m guessing it’s just something one of his people put together for him. 

16 hours ago, Idig32 said:

The sports illustrated cover thing is cool, but it calls ORU the cowboys 😀. At first I thought it was maybe something ORU had made for him as part of the recruiting visit, but I’m guessing it’s just something one of his people put together for him. 

ORU Cowboys? 

My guess would be that it was done by someone in the ORU athletic department. 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...