2022 Offers

ORUTerry

You will know before everyone else if you monitor Paul Mills' twitter account.  If you don't see anything, we'll be one of the six; otherwise, it will be a good post coming.

12 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

I would place our odds a bit lower than 14.7%….  My guess is that Michigan State is the odds-on favorite. 

Did I miss something?  Is Michigan State even in the running?

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Did I miss something?  Is Michigan State even in the running?

Nope… I did. Misread something on his Twitter account. Never mind 

Big East...theEagleman will be watching when Christ comes to Villanova....😬

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fede Federiko (6’ 11” player at Northern OK) looks like an intriguing recruit. He is getting looks from OSU and other schools.  He is from South Sudan by way of Finland - and played at a Christian high school in Pennsylvania. 

https://verbalcommits.com/players/federiko-federiko

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 12:53 PM, ORUTerry said:

The team I help coach had the privilege of playing (and getting beat by 40) Central last week. Caylen Goff-Brown stood out as a very good player. He has deep range on his shot and is incredibly athletic and strong. He can definitely get up and throw down the dunks. I didn’t know he was a prospect for ORU, but after the game it was clear that he was a D1 level prospect. 

He’s listed as 6’3” 163lbs on verbal commits, but he seems bulkier than that. I would have guessed he was 175lbs. He’s also listed as a 2-star recruit, but he seems like he should be rated higher. If ORU lands him, I will be excited because he’s a very good player and I think he still has a lot of upside. 
https://verbalcommits.com/players/caylen-goff-brown

Verbal Commit is referencing a tweet re: ORU's original offer from June, 2020. 

Not much mentioned on the internets re: CGB + ORU since that time...🤔

• 2 months later...

Interesting.... wonder what happened. Was he recruited over or did he change his mind?

Will he stay with his original, remaining schools - and if so, how many of them have open scholarships?

2 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Interesting.... wonder what happened. Was he recruited over or did he change his mind?

Will he stay with his original, remaining schools - and if so, how many of them have open scholarships?

• Upvote 2

Missouri and Wisconsin weren’t on his final list. He is a rim protector - and that is what we need. 

• Upvote 1

"The relationship and communication that changed between me, my parents and my handler," he said of why he decided to reopen his recruitment. "I was supposed to enroll early In January but it didn’t happen so I think it was the best choice for me as a student-athlete."1COMMENTS

Essandoko is a native of France with a big frame, soft hands and touch, he's skilled and can stretch the floor.

He is close friends and was high school teammates with current Friar commit Quante Berry.

• Like 1

Would be a great addition.

I would assume the coaching staff recruiting so many guys from overseas helps in selling the program to players like Essandoko.

I can hear it now: “and Christ led the team in blocks again tonight.”  We could have a lot of fun with his first name.  

I can hear the message board chatter: “Why does Coach Mills keep subbing Christ out at crucial points in the game?”  “We could really use the presence of Christ down low on the block.”

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...