2022 Offers

ORUTerry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Um....ok, not gonna lie, that’s pretty cool.

am I wrong to assume ORU is #10 on that list?

• Upvote 1

4 star recruit and also in Top 25 in nation with No. 2 ranking in nation for his position.  Just being in the hunt with the other 9 teams he has narrowed his choices to is very impressive.

I would like to assume he listed them in reverse order we are #2 behind Kansas.  

22 hours ago, ORUIllini said:

am I wrong to assume ORU is #10 on that list?

Actually, I think ORU is probably in the top five on that list.  Although this looks a Sesame Street sketch of "one of these things is not like the others", my thought process is that there is absolutely no reason to include ORU amongst the list of blue bloods unless there is some connection or genuine interest in the school.  Why just throw ORU on the list to complete a top ten, when you could add a Duke or Louisville or any other Power Five school?  It may be hopeful thinking (and I realize that our chances of getting Nick are slim), but it is great recognition just to be included as "in the running".  

12 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Actually, I think ORU is probably in the top five on that list.  Although this looks a Sesame Street sketch of "one of these things is not like the others", my thought process is that there is absolutely no reason to include ORU amongst the list of blue bloods unless there is some connection or genuine interest in the school.  Why just throw ORU on the list to complete a top ten, when you could add a Duke or Louisville or any other Power Five school?  It may be hopeful thinking (and I realize that our chances of getting Nick are slim), but it is great recognition just to be included as "in the running".  

It does seem like a stretch, but I do agree with you that ORU wouldn't be on his list if there wasn't an outside chance.

My guess is that Coach Bozeman is that chance, he seems to recruit well in Arkansas with his ties to the state.

Safe to say this would be a bigger multi star recruit than Bergens......🤪   I just want to see Jamie play!!

1 hour ago, ORUIllini said:

It does seem like a stretch, but I do agree with you that ORU wouldn't be on his list if there wasn't an outside chance.

My guess is that Coach Bozeman is that chance, he seems to recruit well in Arkansas with his ties to the state.

Safe to say this would be a bigger multi star recruit than Bergens......🤪   I just want to see Jamie play!!

LOL - I keep thinking back to how I howled when Bergens was signed and ORU’s social media hype machine kept calling him the highest-rated recruit in ORU history.

As it turns out, he’s seeing the same amount of time as the manager who suited up against Southwest Christian.

Still, it’s nice to see ORU mentioned in the same tweet as 9 basketball blue bloods. Can’t hurt the recruiting effort!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is called striking while the iron is hot!:) The Houston Hoops AAU program is really good. Nothing like a 6'6" guard that shot 41% from the 3 pt line as a junior and very athletic as well. 

I bet the coaching staff is really getting after it this week as far as recruiting and getting in on these type of guys. Have to take advantage of all of this free publicity!:) 

• Upvote 1

I was thinking that all sports at ORU can benefit from this pub.  I hope that all of the coaches are busy.