ORU Golden Eagles vs. ORU Titans

ORUTerry

ORU Baseball is going to have a fantasy baseball game between squads from the 70’s/80’s and the 90’s/00’s/10’s:

Titans all the way.  Moore takes the mound, game over.  Remember the Titans made the College World Series in '78.  Go Titans!  BTW, am I showing my age?

Titans, Baby!......TheEagleman says that the old timers would win a best of 7 series in 5.....6 tops.....😎

This series would not even be close....TITANS in 5.....:tb-blue:

38 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

This series would not even be close....TITANS in 5.....:tb-blue:

Agreed, Eagleman.  When the fantasy game started, and Jose Trevino took Mike Moore's first pitch deep over the left field fence, I figured the outcome was no longer in doubt.  My son (ORU '14) said that he wasn't surprised, since Jose is on the Rangers, and Mike is over 60 years old. 😉

Despite the questionable outcome with the Golden Eagles 9-3 thrashing of the Titans, the event was quite entertaining.  Kudos to all involved!

It was fun to watch, but I still say the Titans were/are overall better.  Yes the Golden Eagles have done some impressive things, but there were Titans playing who had not only played in the College World Series, at least three of them had also played in the World Series.

My 90's+ team

• Starting OF: Neill, Stallings, Vandeventer --- gotta keep that outfield complete
  • 4th OF/ PH:  VanderBosch 
  • 1B: Henson
  • 2B: Holm
  • SS: Plumley
  • 3B: Trevino
  • C : Castillo
  • DH: Rothford
  • P : Gonzalez; Rose; Bigley; Eddings

Jeff Eddings was a great pitcher.  Coach Barker leaned on him a lot, perhaps too much.

If I remember correctly, Eddings blew out his arm in his first major league start at Dodgers Stadium and was never the same again.

I think he coached high school baseball for awhile somewhere around the Tulsa area.

Sorry but that result is BOGUS (not Smith)…...the ORU Titans of the 70s and 80s would roll the Golden Eagles of the 2000s no problem.....several top 40 ORU teams back in the day with a bunch of  MLB players.....😎

• Like 3

I just now saw this thread; what a joke.

Barely warrants the time to explain why it’s such a farce.

Suffice it to say that this charade was LITERALLY big leaguers vs. minor leaguers.

And, that fact that there apparently wasn’t room enough in the Titan line-up for former MLB players Keith Miller, Jeff Heathcock, Mike Mason, Ray Krawczyk, Craig Colbert, etc. just goes to show how silly (and recency-biased) this entire exercise was.