RIP Coach Eddie Sutton

vcboy2000

😢

Prayers to the entire Sutton family. 

The outpouring of sentiment from his former players, rival coaches, and even the college basketball press indicates the level of the respect and admiration "Coach" held within the industry.

Former OU coach Kelvin Sampson summed it up poignantly a few months ago when his Houston Cougars played in Stillwater with Eddie in attendance:

• Like 1

Sympathies to Scott and the entire Sutton family on the passing of Eddie....such an outstanding coach and person...TheEagleman had the opportunity to briefly meet Coach Sutton prior to the ORU vs. UTSA game in Stillwater in 2011...shaking his hand was an honor....RIP Eddie....🙏🏀🙏

• Like 1

First time I started watching college basketball was in 1982 (7 years old) and Eddie Sutton was the coach of Arkansas.  He had some great teams with Joe Kleine and Alvin Robertson battling against Houston and Five Slam a Jam (Clyde Drexler, Akeem, etc.).  Those were the days.  God bless the Sutton family.

I am sorry Eddie wasn’t inducted into the Hall of Fame while he was healthy enough to enjoy it with his family. People can be so petty.  He, Patsy, Scott & Sean had a big influence on so many, including Mike. Prayers for the Sutton family.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Hall of Fame dragging their feet and denying Eddie over the past seven years was ridiculous.

Eddie Sutton one of the Top 10-15 college basketball coaches of my lifetime...how can he NOT be in the Basketball Hall of Fame?....that's just crazy......😲

• Upvote 1