Ismael Plet

ORUTerry

He is a 6’7” power forward from the Netherlands (friend of Jamie Bergens) who played high school basketball in Virginia. 

Mills hinted this was coming in the zoom call w/ORU supporters

Have a feeling this kid flew under the radar... he’s a pretty skilled big guy. Looks like he can handle the ball. 

32 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Great news!  Ismael looks like a great get.  Nice recruiting class for 2020-21.

Eagle Eye Terry! Had been checking his twitter account daily but missed the news this afternoon. This was the big I felt we needed for depth at the 4 or 5. We now have 6 Bigs and 7 guards is my guess. This is fantastic news. Now for a significant non-conference schedule.

I find this signing the most intriguing of the entire class this year.

Look at the sleeves on that kid!  Hope he has a high motor; would be great if could be the rim protector ORU has lacked lately.

According to Max Prep stats, Plet averaged 11 points and 9 rebounds last year.  So he is a good rebounder, which ORU needed after losing Eman (10 rebounds a game). Nice to have some depth at the forward spot in case someone gets injured.  Does this not put the Eagles at 14 scholarship players because Coach Mills said in the interview that no one is leaving the team from last year?

I think this does push the scholarship total to 14... so somebody must be out.

Plet's game reminds me of Wilson from SDSU (a player ORU really had zero answer for last season).

6 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

According to Max Prep stats, Plet averaged 11 points and 9 rebounds last year.  So he is a good rebounder which ORU needed after losing Eman (10 rebounds a game). Nice to have some depth at the forward spot in case someone gets injured.  Does this not put the Eagles at 14 scholarship players because Coach Mills said in the interview that no one is leaving the team from last year?

Actually, I went back and listened to the interview and what coach Mills said was the year of 19-20 no one left. They all returned. I think that would be right and he was not talking about this 20-21 season. I could be wrong but that is how I interpreted it. Someone is not returning and I see only two potential players in this category but who knows who it could be.

With Obanor, Lufile, Lacis, and Weaver returning along with Clover and Plet we should be a lot more effective in the front court. The guard play should also improve with some quality recruits and returning players.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:39 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

I think this does push the scholarship total to 14... so somebody must be out.

Plet's game reminds me of Wilson from SDSU (a player ORU really had zero answer for last season).

I would assume that there may be a concern with all newcomers qualifying.   If they all qualify, then someone currently on the roster will be impacted.  Interesting days ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...

TheEagleman can't wait to see Plet play.....sounds like a very talented young man....👍:tb-white:👍

Would agree Eagleman!  Plet has good size, is athletic, can rebound and score both outside and inside.  Maybe similar to Larry Owens but just needs some experience.

• Like 1