2020 - 21 Schedule

ORUalum

Three years in a row that the Golden Eagles have played Wichita State.  Would be nice to see some new teams on the schedule.  

10 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Three years in a row that the Golden Eagles have played AT Wichita State.  Would be nice to see some new teams D1 home opponents on the schedule .  

Fixed ^^^^

• Like 1

Good point.....Wichita State can't make the trip down 35 to Tulsa at least once every 3 years?.....then again.....there may be more Shocker fans at Mabee Center than Golden Eagle fans if they play us at home.....still, it's kind of insulting.....Coach Marshall likes to run up his non conference win totals at home....guessing ORU receives about $100K for each visit and we don't have to pay for hotel space.....😬

Wichita State is a great opponent for us. Easy travel, easy money, big name, maybe a shot at an upset every now and then. I just wish it was on a Saturday so I could make the trip up for the game. 

What is the over/under for how many home D1 games we get this year? 

2 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

I'll bite:  for non-conference, it's 1.

...and I'm taking the under.

We have Tulsa coming in from 7 miles away ( more like a neutral game) and does anyone know if they are still playing the WAC vs Summit League Challenge? It may have ended last year. If not then ORU is due for a home game since they went to Chicago last year. It would also help if they could play another Southland team at home (last year Houston Baptist).

3 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Wichita State is a great opponent for us. Easy travel, easy money, big name, maybe a shot at an upset every now and then. I just wish it was on a Saturday so I could make the trip up for the game. 

Yeah good point. They also had 4 or 5 players transfer this year. So maybe they are rebuilding and the Eagles pull off an upset!

First time the Pokes will visit Mabee Center since 1997.  Glad to see it!

What in the world? A 1 for 1? Why would OSU do that? Surely that’s not some love from Scott? 
Obviously this is an incredible deal for ORU. Not sure how we pulled it off. 

2 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

What in the world? A 1 for 1? Why would OSU do that? Surely that’s not some love from Scott? 
Obviously this is an incredible deal for ORU. Not sure how we pulled it off. 

I can only assume that schools are addressing concerns from a budgetary standpoint.  OSU avoids a big-check payout to a visiting school and travels by bus with no lodging expenses to a location which many/most of their fans will find convenient.  I'm quite sure that there will be more black and orange in the Mabee Center than navy and gold, but it will be a big win for all fans in Tulsa (ORU and OSU). 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I can only assume that schools are addressing concerns from a budgetary standpoint.  OSU avoids a big-check payout to a visiting school and travels by bus with no lodging expenses to a location which many/most of their fans will find convenient.  I'm quite sure that there will be more black and orange in the Mabee Center than navy and gold, but it will be a big win for all fans in Tulsa (ORU and OSU). 

Just a couple of valid reasons why this is great news. 

This match-up is fantastic for even TU fans:  they can come out to the Mabee Center and boo BOTH teams. 🤣

Bout friggin' time....ORU needs to kick some Poke A$$....OU should make visit too...but they will be too scared....😁🍺😁

Honestly....it's great to see OSU do a home and home deal with us.....very generous of the Pokes and hopefully we will see more of this with schools trying to cut costs....one would think with OU, Arkansas, Wichita State and North Texas all within a couple hours driving distance it would make sense to sign these types of deals where their fans can make a short trip to Tulsa and enjoy a game at Mabee Center.....😎