Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
#1 Fan

20-21 Roster

Recommended Posts

#1 Fan

The 20-21 likely Roster consists of 4 returning players and 10 new recruits. I'm going to need a program!
Returning players are:
Nena Taylor/G/So/5-8
Gem Summers/G/So/5-9
Regan Schumacher/C/Sr/6-2
Keni Jo Lippe/G/Sr/5-9

New  Recruits are:
Hannah Giddey
6-1 | Forward | Melbourne, Australia | Albert Park College
Previous School: Led her league in Victoria, Australia, with 12.5 rebounds per game … Recorded a total of 72 blocks.
 
Manaya Jones
6-2 | Center | Memphis, Tenn. | Grand Canyon University
Previous School: Appeared in one game as a junior at GCU … Transferred to GCU from Memphis where she played in three games as a redshirt sophomore … Before Memphis she played at Old Dominion and played in 28 games and made 12 starts as true freshman … Finished shooting 46.5 percent from the field … Ranked in the Top 100 by ESPNW out of high school … Named to the Class AA All-State in Tennessee as a junior.
 
Sinetra Jones
6-3 | Center | Memphis, Tenn. | Dyersburg State Community College
Previous School: Averaged 6.6 points per game along with a 46.6 shooting percentage … Made 26 starts in her 32 games played … Led the TCCAA in total rebounds with 436 and 13.6 per game … Was a conference leader in blocks with a total of 277.

Courtlyn Loudermill
5-7 | Guard | Killeen, Texas | Hebron High School
High School: Recorded a game high 32 points during her senior season … Named Defensive Player of the Year and All-District First Team and Second Team in class 6A … Earned Academic All-District.

Ariel Walker
5-5 | Guard | Ozark, Arkansas | Allen Country Community College
Previous School: Recorded 831 points in two seasons at the junior college level … Averaged 16.3 points per game with a 36.6 shooting percentage … Recorded 23 starts in 26 games … Had a 30.4 three-point percentage … Was All-KJCC Honorable Mention, Second Team All-Conference … Named Freshman of the Year … In high school, she was named All-State three times … A multi-sport athlete in track and field and won the state championship in the 4-by-4 meter relay

Tierney Coleman
5-9 | Guard | Arlington, Texas | Trinity Christian School
High School: Three-time offensive MVP … Newcomer of the Year … Three-time all-tournament team … First team all-state … Eclipsed 935 career points … 2019 state champion … Team went 25-3 in 2019.

Tyaija Coleman
5-9 | Guard | Arlington, Texas | Trinity Christian School                                                                                                                                                                                                                       High School: Won the 2019 state championship … Two-time all-state selection … Scored more than 200 points … Was recruited by Nicholls State and Texas State. 

Addisyn Moore
6-0 | Forward | Dallas, Texas | Trinity Christian School                                                                                                                                                                                                                        High School: Won school's first state championship in 2019 … Made the 2019 All-state first team.

Camryn Hill
5-11 | Guard | Dallas, Texas | South Grand Prairie High School                                                                                                                                                                                                          High School: Was named Second Team All-District in 2018 … Awarded First Team in 2019 … Team made it to the regional finals in 2017 and 2019 … Averages 14.7 points per game and 10 rebounds

Faith Paramore
5-11 | Forward | Haven, Kansas | Haven High School                                                                                                                                                                                                                          High School: A multi-sport athlete in basketball, track and volleyball … Was a unanimous choice to the All-league first team … The second player to have recorded 1,000-plus career points at her school … The first girls basketball player to have signed to play Division I athletics from Haven High School.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORU GRAD
32 minutes ago, #1 Fan said:

The 20-21 likely Roster consists of 4 returning players and 10 new recruits. I'm going to need a program!
Returning players are:
Nena Taylor/G/So/5-8
Gem Summers/G/So/5-9
Regan Schumacher/C/Sr/6-2
Keni Jo Lippe/G/Sr/5-9

New  Recruits are:
Hannah Giddey
6-1 | Forward | Melbourne, Australia | Albert Park College
Previous School: Led her league in Victoria, Australia, with 12.5 rebounds per game … Recorded a total of 72 blocks.
 
Manaya Jones
6-2 | Center | Memphis, Tenn. | Grand Canyon University
Previous School: Appeared in one game as a junior at GCU … Transferred to GCU from Memphis where she played in three games as a redshirt sophomore … Before Memphis she played at Old Dominion and played in 28 games and made 12 starts as true freshman … Finished shooting 46.5 percent from the field … Ranked in the Top 100 by ESPNW out of high school … Named to the Class AA All-State in Tennessee as a junior.
 
Sinetra Jones
6-3 | Center | Memphis, Tenn. | Dyersburg State Community College
Previous School: Averaged 6.6 points per game along with a 46.6 shooting percentage … Made 26 starts in her 32 games played … Led the TCCAA in total rebounds with 436 and 13.6 per game … Was a conference leader in blocks with a total of 277.

Courtlyn Loudermill
5-7 | Guard | Killeen, Texas | Hebron High School
High School: Recorded a game high 32 points during her senior season … Named Defensive Player of the Year and All-District First Team and Second Team in class 6A … Earned Academic All-District.

Ariel Walker
5-5 | Guard | Ozark, Arkansas | Allen Country Community College
Previous School: Recorded 831 points in two seasons at the junior college level … Averaged 16.3 points per game with a 36.6 shooting percentage … Recorded 23 starts in 26 games … Had a 30.4 three-point percentage … Was All-KJCC Honorable Mention, Second Team All-Conference … Named Freshman of the Year … In high school, she was named All-State three times … A multi-sport athlete in track and field and won the state championship in the 4-by-4 meter relay

Tierney Coleman
5-9 | Guard | Arlington, Texas | Trinity Christian School
High School: Three-time offensive MVP … Newcomer of the Year … Three-time all-tournament team … First team all-state … Eclipsed 935 career points … 2019 state champion … Team went 25-3 in 2019.

Tyaija Coleman
5-9 | Guard | Arlington, Texas | Trinity Christian School                                                                                                                                                                                                                       High School: Won the 2019 state championship … Two-time all-state selection … Scored more than 200 points … Was recruited by Nicholls State and Texas State. 

Addisyn Moore
6-0 | Forward | Dallas, Texas | Trinity Christian School                                                                                                                                                                                                                        High School: Won school's first state championship in 2019 … Made the 2019 All-state first team.

Camryn Hill
5-11 | Guard | Dallas, Texas | South Grand Prairie High School                                                                                                                                                                                                          High School: Was named Second Team All-District in 2018 … Awarded First Team in 2019 … Team made it to the regional finals in 2017 and 2019 … Averages 14.7 points per game and 10 rebounds

Faith Paramore
5-11 | Forward | Haven, Kansas | Haven High School                                                                                                                                                                                                                          High School: A multi-sport athlete in basketball, track and volleyball … Was a unanimous choice to the All-league first team … The second player to have recorded 1,000-plus career points at her school … The first girls basketball player to have signed to play Division I athletics from Haven High School.

Katie Kirkhart is a senior this year and should return unless someone has more info. She was a decent point guard. The women can have 15 on their roster scholarships in D1.  What a reload! They need to step up their game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#1 Fan

I believe that Katie graduated and is pursuing her Master's degree elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrsSmith

So Maya Mayberry is not returning?  Is Lee still coaching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORU GRAD
22 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

So Maya Mayberry is not returning?  Is Lee still coaching?

Lee Mayberry is still listed but Jaci is no longer listed as a coach.  This is a real question mark and who is doing all the excellent recruiting this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Titan

Before anyone starts giving Maya, her dad, or ORU a hard time about this development, I might suggest doing a little social media research first.

And then maybe keeping those findings to yourself, simply wishing her well in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORU82

If you are going to allude to something OT, how about either posting what you are referencing or give us the site so we can look for ourselves.  I have no clue what you are trying to say, so perhaps you could enlighten at least me and I suspect others as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Titan
On 4/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, ORU82 said:

If you are going to allude to something OT, how about either posting what you are referencing or give us the site so we can look for ourselves.  I have no clue what you are trying to say, so perhaps you could enlighten at least me and I suspect others as well.

Sorry - not sorry. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go Eagles

I thought Katie was playing at Drury next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holtontulsa

How many players have left and coaches quit under misti?  The women is egocentric and impossible to play for, work for and cheer for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORU GRAD

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team adds one more to the 2020 signing class with the addition of Bo Teulings to the roster, it was announced Monday.

Teulings joins the Golden Eagles from 'S-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands, as a sophomore. Although she did not compete for her high school, she played basketball for her club team where she won a national championship and was a three-time national runner-up. She was named to the all-star team and was the International Tournament Luxembourg MVP. She was also a seven-time selection for the Dutch National Team draft.

"It's been an adventure recruiting Bo in the midst of the pandemic," Head Coach Misti Cussen said. "The normal procedure had to be thrown out the window at a certain point, and we were able to simply trust the relationship built between us and her sweet family! Bo's experience, power and versatility will make an immediate impact for us this year. She has competed at high levels on an international stage, and I know her style of play will be a great component added to our team."

She is the daughter of Ineke Klerks and Maryn Teulings. Her dad played basketball in the Dutch Youth League. Teulings chose ORU because she loved the energy from the coaching staff. In her free time, she likes to watch sports and play guitar. Her favorite pro team is the 1986-87 Detroit Pistons. She plans to major in psychology.

The Golden Eagles had six National Letters of Intent signed in the Spring signing period, along with two walk-ons, in addition to the five signees in November for a total of 13 newcomers for the 2020-21 

Welcome to ORU Bo. Outstanding Misti Cussen!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTerry

According to Coach Cussen, Teuling’s brother is a 17 year old highly sought after basketball player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Cornelius
2 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

According to Coach Cussen, Teuling’s brother is a 17 year old highly sought after basketball player. 

I believe Coach Cussen was referencing Hannah Giddey's brother Josh (41:10 in the recent Coaches Q&A video) from Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Giddey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTerry

Sorry about that ... I could have sworn she referenced a prospect from the Netherlands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...