ORU at Denver

theeagleman5

14-12 ORU plays at 5-22 Denver tomorrow night....somebody mentioned this might be a "trap game"....LOL.....the Pioneers have lost 17 of 18 and are horrible.....they are #329 in the ESPN BPI rankings (ORU is #161)…...I guess the only thing that concerns TheEagleman is the fact that we are playing with a short bench at high altitude....still, ORU should coast in this game....I realize the Good Guys have been up and down all season and no game can be taken for granted....ORU needs to show up and play hard and we will win....need to keep the positive vibes rolling into the Summit Tournament......ORU 89  Denver 79......:tb-blue:

Coach Mills pointed out on the Coaches Show that ORU hasn't won at Denver since they joined the Summit. If Lufile isn't able to play I'd say Denver should be favored.

Well....if ORU can't beat 5-22 Denver on the road this year....what does that say about Coach Mills and his team?.....yeah, the altitude makes it harder and we have  short bench.....suck it up and just win, baby!....😬

Denver is 5-22 but TheEagleman will admit they have a scrappy team....they battled us for 40 minutes a few weeks ago in a game won by ORU by 9 points. So they don't quit...expect the Pioneers to come and play tomorrow night as they are vying for the 8th and final tournament spot with Western Illinois....this is a game Denver needs....so ORU can't expect to just show up and Denver will roll over.....😏

ORU is -6.5 on the road....O/U is 153.....TheEagleman is leaning towards a small play on ORU with the over.....it might not be pretty but ORU should hand Denver their 18th loss in 19 games.....GO BLUE!....:e_nzekwesi:

Trap game??….PFFFFFT!!!....Denver stinks.....a loss isn't going to kill ORU tonight so it's not like there is a ton of pressure....all the pressure on the Pioneers who need a win to stay in contention for the 8th and final spot in the tournament.....E-Man should be motivated to play vs. his brother....unless we have more injuries that TheEagleman isn't aware of.....ORU should win this one....:hc_mills:

I believe ORU has a chance for a 3rd place finish in the Summit....Win their final 3 and South Dakota has SDSU and North Dakota left...a loss against SDSU would have ORU and sd with the same record, not sure what the tie breaker is?

18 minutes ago, ORUPucks said:

I believe ORU has a chance for a 3rd place finish in the Summit....Win their final 3 and South Dakota has SDSU and North Dakota left...a loss against SDSU would have ORU and sd with the same record, not sure what the tie breaker is?

Two-team Tie-break Criteria.  The following criteria shall apply (in order) to break ties between two teams:

1. Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
  2. Comparison of each tied team’s record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage. 
  3. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
  4. Comparison of each tied team’s record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage. 
  5. Set winning percentage in League matches only among the tied ties.
  6. Set winning percentage for all League matches.
  7. If a tie still cannot be broken after applying the above criteria, it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based on the RPI Ratings Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League contest).

According to our win over NDSU at home I feel we have a shot at 3rd seed if South Dakota loses one more and we win out!

USD lost last night at home vs. NDSU....if ORU wins tonight we are only one game behind the Coyotes.....I guess finishing 3rd instead of 4th would depend on whether you feel we would match up better vs. UND or Omaha......🤔

Denver has won ONE game since December 3rd and no games in the past month.....Scrappy or not.....this team isn't good......5-22.....ORU needs to put them down early.....if the Good Guys lose this one.....well, TheEagleman may just go on haitus for a couple weeks....I would be that ticked off.....gonna lay a few $$$ (just a few)  on the Golden Eagles tonight.....GO BLUE!!!  😎

The 3 seed would definitely be better so you wouldn’t have to face SDSU until the final.  There would always be that chance that SDSU would get upset before the final as well.

That is assuming that NDSU doesn’t upset SDSU on February 27th and push SDSU to the 2nd seed.

Gonna go down to the wire...😯

Ooo...blew that one...:tb-blue: