USD at ORU

theeagleman5

Coyotes coming to Mabee Center tomorrow night on an 8 game winning streak and 10 out of 11....they are 19-8 (9-3) and 3 games ahead of ORU in the standings... needless to say this is a huge game for ORU if we want to have any shot of finishing in the Top 3 in the Summit and frankly that chance is minimal...it's looking more and more like even if ORU runs the table we will finish in the 4 spot.....still, Good Guys need to protect the home court where we are 10-1.....USD is one of the top 3 point shooting teams in NCAA D-1 so we have to defend the line....we surely need a win and to achieve it will need all our key guys to bring the A game....a C+ effort like we had vs. Omaha won't cut it.....ORU will lose.....expecting this game to be close to a pick 'em….maybe even ORU a small underdog.....USD has played decently at Mabee winning 3 of the last 7 games....so they aren't intimidated....gonna be a close one.....TheEagleman remains ever the optimist.....ORU 79 USD 77.....GO BLUE!!!.... :tb-blue:

Somehow ORU is -2.5 tonight.....I thought closer to a Pick 'em game but Vegas loves the Good Guys at home.....I think this is a real tough game and could go either way....O/U is a whopping 157.....TheEagleman will be at the Palestra in Philly tonight watching Penn vs. Yale in a key Ivy League matchup with Mrs. Eagleman and my two oldest grandsons.....😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Somehow ORU is -2.5 tonight.....I thought closer to a Pick 'em game but Vegas loves the Good Guys at home.....I think this is a real tough game and could go either way....O/U is a whopping 157.....TheEagleman will be at the Palestra in Philly tonight watching Penn vs. Yale in a key Ivy League matchup with Mrs. Eagleman and my two oldest grandsons.....😎

Have fun Eagleman at the game! This is just a tough game for the Eagles because South Dakota is such a good three point shooting team and ORU is not. So now we have to hope the Coyotes go cold tonight or I just cannot see the good guys winning. Plus as far as we know ORU only has 9 available tonight because Ty and Lufile are injured so that hurts the inside game.  Eman also did not look the same the other night and may still have a knee injury. He looked a little slow and only played 23 out of 45 minutes. Any update on the injuries?

Um...we are up, 38-24, and looking better than expected so far. And Coach is wearing a suit! 

TheEagleman just got back from Penn-Yale...outstanding game.....plus got a small play in on  ORU and the Over....looking real good so far....😎

The refs completely flipped how they were calling fouls after USD’s coach started crying.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

The refs completely flipped how they were calling fouls after USD’s coach started crying.

Which is why he is such a whiner.  I hate it when the refs reward this kind of clown behavior.  When you get 50% more FT attempts as a road team, you have absolutely no reason to complain. 

94-80....big ORU win over a very good team. This ends 8 game win streak for USD...The Good Guys can beat anyone in the Summit (except SDSU) and probably lose to anyone also....E-Man 23....Burns 21...Fuqua and Abmas 17....Obanor 11....ORU now 14-12 (7-6).... Now must beat Denver on the road....🏀

Maybe the best game of the season and they shot 10-22 from three. Very surprising. Where has that been all year? Even RJ was hitting threes. Came at exactly the right time and South Dakota struggled from three. Go Golden Eagles!

High likelihood that we end the season as the #4 seed, and earn a first round match-up with Omaha, needing to win three games in three days.  Tough task, but we should enter the tourney with some positive momentum.

Last night the Eagles had 16 assists and 3 turnovers. That must be some sort of record. And the starting guards made 8 of 13 from three after going 0 of 12 on Thursday. Great guard play wins games just ask Coach's old team Baylor, who is ranked #1.

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Last night the Eagles had 16 assists and 3 turnovers. That must be some sort of record.

- The three turnovers committed by the Golden Eagles is the fewest in a single game in the 2000's and marks the second-straight game with five or fewer. ORU did not turn the ball over once during the opening half, while forcing USD into eight, to get an 11-0 edge in points off turnovers at halftime. That margin finished at 18-1 for the night.

Winning the last 3 and ending up 17-12 is very possible. The Denver game could be a trap game. Denver is fighting for the last spot in the conference tourney, and they play Western Illinois at home the last day of the regular season, so if they can upset ORU and beat WIU they should get in.

So, ORU better be ready on Thursday!

I still believe that if ORU can win the last three they will most likely play Omaha or North Dakota in Sioux Falls. If they can beat them, even if they lose the next game they would end up 18-13, which I would consider progress, and most definitely deserving of a CIT or CBI bid.

LOL....Denver can play wherever they want but have still lost 17 of their last 18 games.....bottom line....they stink....If ORU can't beat them in their little bandbox arena in front of 300 family and friends then shame on us....in fact, TheEagleman might wager that ORU Alums in the Denver area may outnumber the Pioneer fans in attendance.....GO BLUE!!….:tb-white: