Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

After the Wednesday Night debacle vs. SDSU....TheEagleman isn't sure what to think....but I still have to believe we can whip Denver at home.....Pioneers just not that good but ORU will need to show up and compete....I sent Coach Mills an email of encouragement this morning and I hope you guys will all do the same....he probably feels worse than us because it's his job....and coaching 18-22 year old kids can't always be easy.....TheEagleman thinks ORU will win this game and get back on the right track....right now at 4-4 in the Summit a win is mandatory.....and let's light a fire under Kevin Obanor, please....ORU 88  Denver 75.....GO BLUE!!!....:tb-white:

• Upvote 1

ORU opens as a whopping -15 with the O/U at 154......maybe a light play on ORU and the Over.....we shall see.....:circle-logoi:

• Like 1

Denver closes the 1st half on a 16-2 run over the last 4 1/2 minutes.....because ORU fell in love with the 3pt.....Obanor with 14 and 6 at the half....feed Obanor down low and quit shooting 3’s

Denver has the 348th ranked 2P D in the country and ORU has shot 19 3s. How does the staff allow that to happen? They better make some very obvious adjustments at half. Like throw the ball to the man who looks like a middle linebacker on the Bears in the paint against a bunch of freshmen. 

• Like 1

Not pretty, but ORU finds a way to win. Good game from RJ and Burns.  Still cannot figure the Eagles out: they blow out IPFW on the road (led 82-50) and then come come home and really struggle this week. A win is a win but now they are back on the road.  Need at least a split against the North Dakota teams.

TheEagleman was out and didn't to see the game...86-77 sounds like a sloppy win vs. the worst team in the Summit and we just haven't played well in our last 3 now....very disturbing after feeling so upbeat after that four game winning streak....one good sign was Obanor playing a better game....but very concerned about why we just get lazy and put up three balls against a weak Denver team we should have dominated inside.....now on to North Dakota for a pair of contests vs. UND and NDSU....I would sign up for that split in a second, Keenan.....but it's going to be a tough task.....Both ND teams are tough at home....ORU's best shot is probably Thursday night....the quick turnaround on Saturday afternoon at NDSU is not conducive to getting a win....ORU now 12-10 (5-4) and looking at being under .500 in the Summit come this time next week.....😬

Obviously Denver has the worst record in the conference, but what surprises me is they have not been blown out this year.  Their worst loss in conference is by 12 points.  Really shocking, especially if just looking at their 1-9 record!  Look at their road game deficits:

@ORU (-11)
@NDSU (-12)
@UND (-7)
@WIU (-6)
@USD (-2)

I'm pleased with a win in front of a fairly lively home environment.  Hoping we split this upcoming road trip.

UND and NDSU are a combined 15-2 at home....ORU's chances of winning one of these two games in the frozen north have to be very slim.....again, our best shot is Thursday night in Grand Forks.....GO BLUE!!!...😬:hc_mills:😬                                IN MILLS WE TRUST !?!?!?!?