Jacks vs. Golden Eagles

theeagleman5

You guys are being way too harsh. We only scheduled four NAIA/Division 2 teams, along with Chicago St. and HBU (who are combined 5-35), this year. Once we can get a few more NAIA teams and SWAC opponents on the schedule, we will be able to get to 20 win seasons. I can feel it. We just need to give Mills a few more years and soften up the schedule. Bring on Oklahoma Baptist and Texas Wesleyan! #goldenstandard

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

You guys are being way to harsh. We only scheduled four NAIA/Division 2 teams, along with Chicago St. and HBU, this year. Once we can get a few more NAIA teams and SWAC opponents on the schedule, we will be able to get to 20 win seasons. I can feel it. We just need to give Mills a few more years and soften up the schedule. Bring on Oklahoma Baptist and Texas Wesleyan! #goldenstandard

And here I was thinking that I was in a bad way...lol.

Personally, I have to say that my reasons for sitting on the message board sidelines lately were simple:  I was convinced my worse-than-normal negativity of late was a drain on the board, and my own psyche.  I had decided I would not post until I could bring some solid sunshine-pumping to bear.

So...here we are!

Ummmm.....there has to be something positive to say.

C'mon - I can do this!

Here we go...THINK

WAIT, I've got it - this is gonna be good...

(drum roll....)

"Steve Upshaw's suit and tie were magnificent Wednesday night."

BAZINGA!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, YOU'VE BEEN GREAT!  BE SAFE DRIVING HOME!  DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOUR WAITRESS - HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!

bowing thank you GIF by Justin Timberlake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a Dark Day in GoldenEagleLand…..TheEagleman hasn't been this disappointed in ORU Men's Basketball for quite a while.....I confess that I didn't see that one coming.....SDSU really owns us.....not a lot of heart or skill shown by the Good Guys at Mabee Center last night....what did Coach Mills have to say post game???...😬

Losing isn't the disappointing part... I didn't expect the team to win. It's the lack of effort.

Similar to the first game SDSU just rested on defense while ORU made a few passes around the perimeter then put up a bad shot. You have to move on offense especially when you're not a good shooting team. At most we had one guy running around with no screens while 4 other players just stood flat footed.

7 hours ago, EagleFan21 said:

I saw Mills get his first technical last night arguing a no-call for over-the-back as Fuqua attempted a defensive rebound.  It was good to see him get fired up & I thought maybe he did it to fire his team up, but unfortunately, it had the exact opposite effect.

I have no problem with that. It was for sure an over the back... Mills probably should have gotten one when Wilson hit Kearns in the head and they didn't even go to the monitor.

I honestly hope Sam is OK after that shot he took.

Edited by Dr. Cornelius
  • Upvote 2

Only positive is last season 11-21 and this year 11-10. So they will win more games  this year. Still think they can go 9-7 in conference and be 16-13 going into the tournament. A winning season say 17-14, though not what we hoped for, would still be a step in the right direction compared to 4 straight losing seasons.

So here's some perspective through Gold colored glasses...

I can easily foresee ORU going 6-2 over the final 8 conference games, which would put them at 10-6 in conference and 17-12 overall.

Follow that up with possibly a 1-1 record at the conference tourney and they finish up with an 18-13 mark.

I would like to think that could possibly get them a CIT or CBI bid, which to me would be heading in the right direction for the program.

I know there have been some head scratching loses when we thought ORU was primed to break out, but I'm still willing to give Mills 5 years and see what he can produce with 4 of his own recruiting classes. If ORU loses to Denver on Saturday.................well, I got nothing then!

• Upvote 2