ORU at South Dakota

theeagleman5

The Good Guys resting up this week and preparing for this big road game in Vermillion on Saturday afternoon.....Meanwhile....USD has to play tomorrow night vs. PFW....a game that they should win but TheEagleman hopes it goes into triple overtime and wears out the Coyotes.....also a huge match up tonight in Brookings as NDSU visits SDSU....TheEagleman will be keeping a close eye on that one.....the Jacks are only a 1 point favorite on their home floor.....😎

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

also a huge match up tonight in Brookings as NDSU visits SDSU....TheEagleman will be keeping a close eye on that one.....the Jacks are only a 1 point favorite on their home floor.....😎

I like SDSU tonight. Almost a must win if they want to stay in the hunt for first.

Agreed, Doc....TheEagleman will wager a few bucks on the Jacks tonight...😉

South Dakota is a good shooting team that can beat you in multiple ways. All five of their starters average 10 or more points, 30 or more minutes and can knock down threes. How does ORU defend against that kinda offense on the road? No easy answers but that will be the difference between winning and losing on Saturday.

• Like 1

Jacks beat Bison by 6 last night.....SDSU in first place at 6-2...ORU and NDSU tied for 2nd at 4-2.....The Summit is up for grabs....😬

South Dakota wins by 23 tonight at home and all five starters score in double figures. Would be impressive and most likely would take ORU'S A game to win on Saturday.

TheEagleman agrees that tomorrow afternoon is a huge road test for the Good Guys....USD is very tough at home....not so much on the road...I guess the boys are on the bus as I write this headed to Vermillion....we should be rested and prepared for this contest.....expecting the Coyotes to be favored by 2 or 3 points.....it's a really tough call....we will know by early Saturday night if this ORU squad is a contender for the Summit Title....agree this is not a MUST game but it's a VERY important one.....😮

USD is good team at home (especially with their PG Simpson back).

USD is the #1 3-point shooting team in the Summit and the #3 team in the NCAA. USD is also the #1 FG shooting team in the Summit and #11 in the NCAA.

ORU will have to defend well and limit second chance possessions (ORU is the #1 rebounding team in the Summit and tied for #41 overall. USD is the #9 rebounding team in the Summit and tied for #315 overall)

ORU USD
PPG 79.5 (1st) 77.5 (2nd)
FG% .444 (5th) .486 (1st)
3P% .330 (7th) .413 (1st)
RPG 39.5 (1st) 32.7 (9th)
Ast/TO 1.17 (3rd) 1.31 (1st)

Eagleman, the Good Guys fly anymore.  They will "bus" from the nearest airport but they fly to their games.  BTW, I too agree this will be a VERY BIG test tomorrow.  I have caught a couple of the Coyotes' games recently on TV and this will not be a cake walk.  The Season is not over if we lose, but if we win this may be proof we have somewhat turned the page on ORU MBB for the better.  For those of us not making it to Vermillion tomorrow we can watch the game on ESPN3 starting at 4:30  pm Eastern Time or 3:30 pm Central Time.  Go Golden Eagles!

Wow!...TheEagleman is impressed that ORU is forking over the $$ for the team to fly to away games....I would guess that they are flying to Sioux City, Iowa today and bussing from there.....😎

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Wow!...TheEagleman is impressed that ORU is forking over the $$ for the team to fly to away games....I would guess that they are flying to Sioux City, Iowa today and bussing from there.....😎

SDSU at 6-2 in first place and after last night a 3 way tie for second with ORU, NDSU and Omaha all at 4-2....USD is just behind at 4-3.....So ORU can have a two game cushion on the Coyotes with a win at Vermillion tomorrow....Go Blue!....:tb-blue:

Some predictions for today's game:

ESPN BPI: USD 58.6%
Bart Tovik: USD -0.9 53%
Massey: ORU -1.5 54%
Warren Nolan: USD -4 58%
DRatings: ORU 57.7%

USD is 2 point favorite with the O/U at 153.5...real tough game to call.....Coyotes very good at home but ORU on a four game roll and has had a week to rest.....we should be ready to roll and hopefully no sickness or sprained ankles in the past week of practice....If all of the Good Guys are healthy and ready to play....I like our chances.....this should be a close one...and will probably come down to who can hit the shots in the final minutes.....USD very good from long range....ORU will have to play big time D out on the 3 point line.....so what the heck....ORU 83 USD 79 in a nail biter....GO BLUE!!!...:hc_mills:

Lucky to only be down 3.

USD: 16-28 (55.6%)
ORU: 18-36 (48.6%)

So ORU has taken 8 more shots than USD but USD has hit 7 3-pointers to ORU's 3.

ORU currently outrebounding USD 17-13