NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

What a block!!!!….😎

Huge win for the Good Guys!!!  79-73.....Burns huge!!….never a doubt!!!   :shield-logo:

TheEagleman had his biggest win tonight of the season.....ORU teased with the Over....$$$....prior to tonight was barely in the black....This could be the win that turns around the season for ORU....now the Good Guys have to follow it up on Saturday and pound UND....time to string some wins together.....now 8-8 overall.....:tb-white:

TheEagleman very proud of our guys tonight...we easily could have folded a few times in the 2nd half but showed a lot of guts especially in the final two minutes......and President Billy Wilson dancing with the team in the ORU locker room after the game?...what's next?....Trump and Pelosi having a beer at the White House?....😃

2 hours ago, ORUTex said:

NDSU women up 55-44 with 7 minutes left, in case anyone is wondering. 

even us NDSU fans arent lol

NDSU coaches can eat those 4 timeouts he kept in his pocket and choke on them

good win ORU

• Upvote 1

Interesting stat of the night.....R.J. Fuqua a +20....Sam Kearns a -12......hummmm.....:rj_fuqua:

RJ is a total disrupter on the floor. The opposing teams don't know how to guard him or avoid fouling him. It was SO GOOD to see him back in action last night!

I think one factor in our win was the energy from the crowd. More students there--vocal--and most of us stood up in the final 2 minutes to yell and scream.

It was the most fun game I've been to in a long time.

Made the road trip to the game again last night, and what a game it was!  We were electric the first half, probably the best half of basketball I've witnessed this year.  However, NDSU hit a three at the buzzer to cut our lead to nine and give them some momementun.  I was afraid this would lead to a run on their part after the break, and sure enough, we didn't score for the first five minutes of the 2nd half!  We couldn't buy a shot.  Fortunately we fought hard and Burns played reallly tough down the stretch.  When our O became stagnant, Burns became the agressor.  I'll also give Fuqua credit for a really solid game and some clutch free throws at the end.  

Not sure what happend to Obanor the 2nd half.  He seemed to disappear.  However, Eman played better the 2nd half and was also a huge spark.  

Also, loved watching Abmas light it up the first half.  He was electric.

Nice win Eagles!

I couldn't attend last night (company event) but glad to see that we won the game.

A review of the stats shows:

• We took 2 less shots than NDSU (53 to 55) but made 28 versus 25. We made 16/19 free throws while the Bison were 12/14. That means before the end of the game, free throws/fouls were pretty even - or in their favor.
  • NDSU shot 29 three pointers - making 11 for 37.9%. That was 52.7% of total shots taken. We were 7 of 17 (41.2%) - or 32.1% of total shots taken.
  • They outrebounded us 29 to 27. I assume that the amount of 3-point jump shots taken affects this a bit.
  • Negative rebounding margin was offset by the positive turnover margin (11 to's versus their 15)

Burns had a nice stat line: 22 points on 8/12 shooting along with 9 rebounds, 1(?) assist and 0 turnovers. Our guards outshot (by percentage) the post players... you don't see that very often. Kearns had 0 points on 0/2 shooting with 1 rebound, 1 assist and 0 turnovers. Maybe he was showing senior leadership; if your shot isn't falling, don't shoot. Lazenby played 5 minutes with 1 PF and 1 assist. Lufile played 7 minutes with 1 turnover and 3 PF's.

So what's the story?....Why is Lufile no longer getting 20-25 minutes per game?....that kid was a monster for most of Nov and Dec.....😮

He picked up two quick fouls when he came into the game last night. Perhaps Coach Mills wanted E-Man to get more minutes.

I say, play Lufile! He is terrific!

Really good to see ORU finally win a close one in the final minutes. NDSU is definitely the biggest win of coaches career, since they are the favorites to win the division. Way to go Golden Eagles!