UCO at ORU

theeagleman5

^^^ Spot on! The only point I would argue with is on Max. I like his game. I agree with ORUJason - I believe he’ll start connecting soon. I wouldn’t mind Aidan take his starting spot though. I am more impressed with him every game.

Not sure why K.O. usually catches the ball at the top of the key and shoots a three or tries to drive to the basket much like what a shooting guard does.  He then ends up turning it over. He just had a fearless attitude last year and took over games. Time to get his confidence back!

Just now, Keenan Henderson said:

Not sure why K.O. usually catches the ball at the top of the key and shoots a three or tries to drive to the basket much like what a shooting guard does.  He then ends up turning it over. He just had a fearless attitude last year and took over games. Time to get his confidence back!

K.O. was at his best during the end of the conference season when he played the high-low game with E-Man. If the team goes back to that (with the addition of Lufile) it would be an improvement.

The outside shooting is too poor to carry this team. Gotta play inside out and high-low to open up lanes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

It's as if someone told K.O. to "take a couple of threes early in the game, so it will pull the defense out and open up inside opportunities for you later in the game".  Whereas opposing coaching staff's are telling their defense to "stay inside and let K.O. shoot as often as he wants beyond the arc".  It's a win-win for the defense with his low shooting percentage and the fact that it puts him out of position for the rebound.  

So...what do we know heading into these next three fascinating match-ups?

• ORU is undefeated at home against vastly inferior opposition. 
  • ORU is winless on the road against good-to-very-good competition. 
  • Basically, they’ve easily won every game they were supposed to win, and lost every game in which they were an underdog after trailing by double-digits.

i found the following Twitter post particularly appropriate; simply substitute ORU for Liberty throughout, and it’s spot-on regarding ORU’s scheduling during this dubious home winning streak: