Jeremy Hefner Named New Pitching Coach for NY Mets

ORUTerry

• 3 years later...
On 10/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, ORUTerry said:

Jeremy Hefner is waiting to see if is retained by the Met’s new GM. There are rumors that other teams have reached out to him:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/nl-east-notes-nola-eppler-hefner-lundquist.html

Thank you Terry. Keep up the good work. See you soon.

• 1 month later...

Glad Jeremy stuck with the team.  I think he really wanted to stay with the Mets, but knew that coaching changes could cause the "new guy" to bring in his own staff.  Jeremy is a very good coach, from what I can tell, and the Mets' woes were not caused by pitching.  I'm surprised Buck didn't want him in LA with him (but maybe next time).

• Like 2

Glad to see this as well.  Since the Mets have let half of their starting pitching leave for the great state of Texas, he will have his work cut out for him.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Glad to see this as well.  Since the Mets have let half of their starting pitching leave for the great state of Texas, he will have his work cut out for him.

Jeremy will have the opportunity to show off his skills in developing a pitching staff.  I hope that he has his best year yet!

• Like 2