ORU at Creighton

Old Titan

At least we're fighting to the end, but CU has become relaxed and not as sharp with the lead.

I realize Creighton isn’t plying much interior D at this point, but I think ORU may have found something with that whole get-the-ball-to-Nzekwesi-on-the-block thing. you're welcome yes GIF by Captain Obvious

• Upvote 1

Was hoping by Mill's third year we'd win some games like this on the road, or at least take it to the wire.  This was over half way through the first half.  

1 minute ago, EagleManiac said:

Did that feel like a 30 point loss to anyone else? 

Exactly.  Twelve point loss that looks much better on paper than it did on the court. 

1 minute ago, EagleManiac said:

Did that feel like a 30 point loss to anyone else? 

Talent gap exacerbated by sideline mismatch. 

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

It seemed to me that on Obanor’s “goal-tend”, the ball was still going up and hadn’t yet touched glass.  Did anyone else concur, or do I look through “Navy and Vegas glasses”?

He definitely got to it first. Should not have been a goal tend. It was close though. 

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Talent gap exacerbated by sideline mismatch. 

I do not understand the playing time with this staff. Lufile should have played most of the whole game with Eman and Obanor along with Burns and Kerns. Lacis played a good first few minutes and gone from action ? I am just ?

Just now, ORU GRAD said:

I do not understand the playing time with this staff. Lufile should have played most of the whole game with Eman and Obanor along with Burns and Kerns. Lacis played a good first few (7) total  and gone from action ? I am just ????????????????????????????????????

Creighton's guards could pretty much do whatever they wanted tonight. Hit threes, drive for layups, get steals, and make some nice assists. We see little of that from ORU's backcourt and have not really seen that since Kory Billbury and Obi were around. Which is also ORU's last winning season.  

9 minutes ago, ORU GRAD said:

I do not understand the playing time with this staff. Lufile should have played most of the whole game with Eman and Obanor along with Burns and Kerns. Lacis played a good first few minutes and gone from action ? I am just ?

If there is a rhyme or reason to the substitution “pattern”, it is beyond my mortal scope of understanding.

I am also at a loss for how Coach Mills communicates with his staff about substitutions (or anything else) during the game while standing stoically at the 28-foot mark the whole time, continuously folding and unfolding his little index card, like Captain Quigg with his two ball bearings in “The Caine Mutiny”.

Do they use hand signals, like in baseball?

Body language?

ESP?

Although I certainly am not at each practice to see who does what, I would still argue that whatever Lazenby brings to the table, you can get the same from either Saunders or Jones.  Therefore, if I am looking for someone off the bench I would rather go with either Jones or Saunders for the simple reason of getting them actual game time floor experience and development for not only this year but years to come. 

1 minute ago, ORU82 said:

Although I certainly am not at each practice to see who does what, I would still argue that whatever Lazenby brings to the table, you can get the same from either Saunders or Jones.  Therefore, if I am looking for someone off the bench I would rather go with either Jones or Saunders for the simple reason of getting them actual game time floor experience and development for not only this year but years to come. 

Exactly! Why throw a senior in the mix who is acting like a freshman playing D1 for the first time. Painful to watch and then leave Eman in the lineup with no Lufile or Obanor? This is just very frustrating to watch. We are a 6 or 7 seed this year in the Summit with this crazy playing. Sorry guys,but I am just a not going to drink the Kool Aid anymore. This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating. 

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

If there is a rhyme or reason to the substitution “pattern”, it is beyond my mortal scope of understanding.

I am also at a loss for how Coach Mills communicates with his staff about substitutions (or anything else) during the game while standing stoically at the 28-foot mark the whole time, continuously folding and unfolding his little index card, like Captain Quigg with his two ball bearings in “The Caine Mutiny”.

Do they use hand signals, like in baseball?

Body language?

ESP?

We just don't understand since we're operating with 7% less oxygen...

• Haha 1