The Lufile Way

ORUTerry

1 minute ago, TrueBlue82 said:

After each and every game, I like Eli more and more.  And, he is still young and learning... 

He has good hands and is very quick for his size... nothing but upside.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

He has good hands and is very quick for his size... nothing but upside.

Great article and I said in the beginning he reminded me of Green but he may become even better after 7 games into the season and he seems to be more at ease and finding his place in the lineup. I hope to see Eman, Obanor, and Lufile on the court together. That could be a dynamic trio along with Burns and hopefully Weaver or Saunders who seems to be coming along nicely. Have Abmas and Kearns come off the bench with Lacis. Just an observation. 

He’s more like Kevin Ford than he is Caleb Green; doesn’t have that quick first step and spin move like Caleb did posting guys up.  And of course he has a long way to go to reach Caleb’s ability to get to the free throw line shoot a great percentage.

But, he’s more more explosive than Caleb; and he has uncanny timing on rebounds. And, he appears to have better defensive chops and even more energy than Kevin Ford did, and that’s saying something re: the latter skill. 

In short, he’s unique, with great qualities from some really good ORU big men the past 20 years. 

• 3 weeks later...

He is built like a rock and plays like a rock. Lufile knows his strengths (rebounding and staying in the paint) and sticks to them.  He keeps it simple and does not try to be who he is not (dribbler, outside shooter, etc.)  Very few guys in the Summit League will be able to put a body on him and stop Elijah in the paint.