Injury Updates

Old Titan

I'm afraid this is a thread we will need to update and monitor the remainder of the season; here's where things stand following Wichita State:

• BURNS:  rolled his ankle, returned to finish the game but questionable for Monday's game with Southwestern Christian
  • FUQUA:  unspecified situation (?) had him in sweats on the bench at Wichita, unknown status for Monday
  • NZEKWESI:  unspecified knee injury, out 4-to-6 weeks according to Wichita State broadcast team
  • WEAVER:  recovering from knee surgery last April; could return in January according to Wichita State broadcast team
  • Thanks 1

ok, who is going to volunteer to catch the opposing team broadcast each game so we can get injury updates?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'm afraid this is a thread we will need to update and monitor the remainder of the season; here's where things stand following Wichita State:

• BURNS:  rolled his ankle, returned to finish the game but questionable for Monday's game with Southwestern Christian
  • FUQUA:  unspecified situation (?) had him in sweats on the bench at Wichita, unknown status for Monday
  • NZEKWESI:  unspecified knee injury, out 4-to-6 weeks according to Wichita State broadcast team
  • WEAVER:  recovering from knee surgery last April; could return in January according to Wichita State broadcast team

The health report said Fuqua had the flu bug. Picked it up late Friday night.

1 hour ago, ORU GRAD said:

With all due consideration; that's good news.

I guess the EOOC Health Minute with trainer John Joslin will be "must-hear streaming" before the next few games.

Actually better news than TheEagleman expected when I saw the thread...we have a patsy on Monday night so we should win with a depleted bench.....then 8 days off until we play at Creighton which let's face it....we aren't beating the Blue Jays anyway.....so hopefully ORU has a good chance at having the full team back (except maybe DJ) for the Summit League schedule......and perhaps even Weaver is back in early 2020.....otherwise just redshirt the kid.....I have never seen a college basketball team with this many injuries continually in the past decade....i guess it could be worse.....remember that season when we were down to DoMo and like 6 other healthy scholarship players?....😬

3 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Shooud have stayed home now others could get it!

4 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

Shooud have stayed home now others could get it!

Late Friday night, he was already in Wichita for that Saturday matinee.

• Like 1

Fortunately (like @theeagleman5 said) there are some pretty large gaps in the schedule... that should give everyone some time to heal up before conference play.

No mention at all of Weaver on the pregame injury report.

Right now, he’s like the Andre Roberson of the Golden Eagles:  he’s there, but he’s not really there; know what I mean?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! We can take this holiday and pray for healing for all these injuries. We need someone like Oral Roberts to lay hands on these guys!

• Like 1