ORU at Wichita State

theeagleman5

Good Guys in Koch Arena today vs. the Shockers who are -14.5 with an O/U of 147.5.....that's a really tough call especially when there is no clue as to if E-Man is playing today.....the 6-8 F is a big difference in the our line up.....WSU is 4-0 but has played a bunch of softies (except maybe for Omaha) and the Shockers haven't played on the road at all.....TheEagleman thinks ORU can hang around but ultimately Wichita State will prevail in this one 84-71......perhaps a small teaser play on WSU and the Over.....Go Blue!..:circle-logoi:

I have no idea about the post player(s) for WSU, but I bet we see another season (perhaps personal) high in points today from that spot (like the guy from Iowa who scored more points against ORU’s interior than he had in all their games COMBINED till then).

Greg Marshall takes no prisoners; this won’t be pretty.  

And, I can promise you he will have Max draped from the get go. 

85-70 Shockers with E-Man, 85-65 without him. 

I found this on WSU's forum

Odd Makers
Vegas: WSU by 12.0
DRatings: WSU 92%, by 13.0
ESPN: WSU 89%
INCCSTATS: WSU 90%, by 13.0
KenPom: WSU 92%, by 13.0
Massey: WSU 93%, by 18.0
Nolan: WSU by 14.0
Sagarin: WSU by 16.3
Torvik: WSU 92%, by 15.8
Wilson: WSU 93%, by 22.0

ORU and 250 other mid major programs would dream of being like Wichita State. The Shockers have struck gold the last ten years as a mid major: final four, sweet sixteen, 35-1 one season, and multiple 20 win seasons. They always have strong guard play, good defense, and great coaching.  Golden Eagles have really struggled with guard play and defense the last five years. Hopefully Paul Mills can learn a lot from Coach Marshall and put ORU 🏀 back on the map. 

18 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Obanor off the bench a strategic move (as I’ve been promoting), or a disciplinary one?

Hope it’s a strategic one, I like your idea of bringing him off the bench. He thrived in that role last year. 

Why is Fuqua out? 

Some many injuries every year...hard to ever gel as a team or have any idea of how good they could really be.

Injuries have plagued ORU for the past decade.😳😕😳

A lot for the Golden Eagles to overcome this year. Without Eman and DJ  for the next few weeks, they will need to have some new guys step up.  These two guys average 25 points and 11 rebounds together. The team is down to two fowards. Ouch!