Recruiting status

74Titan

With the early signing period over who are the signings for the MBB team? Based upon 5 current seniors, an equal number of signings are permissible.

1 hour ago, 74Titan said:

With the early signing period over who are the signings for the MBB team? Based upon 5 current seniors, an equal number of signings are permissible.

If I'm not mistaken, Wednesday, 11/20 is the last day of this signing period, but I still love the question.

Like I ALWAYS say, this is when/how championships are won and lost, not March.

So, has ORU actually signed anybody in the early period? 

If so, why the delay in announcing it?

I would think that replacing almost 40% of the roster is something that can't be left until the spring...

1 minute ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I would think that replacing almost 40% of the roster is something that can't be left until the spring...

Once each of numbers 1-5. A legitimate 5 please (tall order for sure (no pun intended)).

On 11/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, 74Titan said:

Once each of numbers 1-5. A legitimate 5 please (tall order for sure (no pun intended)).

Both of these young men are wonderful additions. They are TERRIFIC young men with wonderful families. Golden Eagle fans will truly enjoy watching Sheldon and Nate!! Welcome to the family! #ORUDNA #TUF

I am still waiting on a proper introduction. 

Perhaps Media Relations is waiting until Monday to put a formal press release on the ORU Athletics website, as opposed to it looking like a "news dump" if posted on a Friday afternoon?

(If it sounds like I'm trying to sugarcoat what otherwise resembles another egregious public relations faux pas, it's only because that's exactly what I'm doing.)

Still nothing official from ORU Athletics re: these two "signees" - does that not seem a little odd?  Maybe more than a little?

Maybe they don’t want to ‘step on’ game coverage today and tomorrow..... that’s the best I can come up with. 

I would be willing to bet there is some sort of clerical snag involving the paperwork for one (of both) of these guys; perhaps awaiting a signature from a parent or guardian or something. 

Which might explain the cryptic Twitter post and Coach Mills’ equally vague response to it:  can’t say/do too much till the i’s dotted/t’s crossed/etc. for fear of eligibility issues down the road, but they’re trying to make the guys feel wanted, if just in a small way. 

I can't recall ever not announcing the signing of a single player in the fall period.

No matter what has transpired, (and even if those two modest-level recruits are somehow in the bank, but just not being publicized) this is NOT the way D1 basketball programs handle their recruiting.

At least, not the successful ones...