ORU Fall Sports Update

TrueBlue82

I think that it is important to note some improvement in the overall athletics landscape at ORU.  Last year, all three major fall sports (Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Volleyball) were shut out of the Summit League Championship brackets.  This year, all three teams advanced to the League Championships, and Men's Soccer won/tied for the Summit regular season championship.  While there were no championships won with invites to the NCAA tournament, there was still marked improvement towards that ultimate goal.  Last season was arguably the worst year ever (collectively) for ORU Athletics.  While we still haven't reached our goal (championships), ORU is definitely headed in the right direction, and the winter sports appear ready to follow that trend of improvement.     

• Upvote 2

Although I agree with you generally, we have a LONG WAY to go.  Most of our programs are a joke and have been permitted to be so for years.  Right now the Lady Eagles are getting run off the floor and out the door at Kansas State.  It is an embarrassment to say the least.  As for Spring sports, if the baseball team tanks again this year, the staff needs to be fired.  Just my $0.02.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:18 PM, ORU82 said:

...if the baseball team tanks again this year, the staff needs to be fired.  Just my $0.02.

Though I sympathize with your frustrations, I'm not sure this particular take is worth even that much... 😉

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Though I sympathize with your frustrations, I'm not sure this particular take is worth even that much... 😉

OT, I’m curious to know why you’ve been so willing to defend the baseball coaching staff, while you’ve been fairly tough on the basketball staff, which I generally agree with. In such a weak baseball conference, would it really be acceptable for the staff to miss the NCAA tourney again? Especially after the mediocre results Folmar has produced thus far.

I understand the “rebuilding year” thing, but surely we can’t give a pass on another missed tourney.

• Upvote 2

ORU is still putting forward an emphasis towards athletics (new buildings)... the question is if winning at the Division 1 level is a priority.

Unfortunately, regression seems to be the trend.

4 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

ORU is still putting forward an emphasis towards athletics (new buildings)... the question is if winning at the Division 1 level is a priority.

It doesn’t appear to be.