ORU vs. Denver

theeagleman5

ORU(13-3) men playing host Denver(4-11-3) in the Summit Semifinals tonight.....this round was made a lot tougher because the Golden Eagles couldn't get the job done in last weeks' Homecoming game vs. WIU at Case.....so instead of drawing 4th seeded Omaha we have to deal with a decent Denver team on their home turf and they took us to OT last month....ORU won that one, 1-0.....the winner of this game will face the winner of top seed WIU and Omaha......the Mavs are up at halftime, 1-0.....if that result holds up it would be a surprise.....Let's go Blue!!!    :tb-blue:

:omaha:Omaha 2  WIU 2...in the 89th min....:wiu:

Omaha 3 WIU 2 in OT...the top seed is out. 😳

And so is the #2 seed...Denver 2  ORU 0... Pathetic.....😣😳😥

yikes. that's a disappointing way to end what could have been a really great season. 

Denver's last goal came with about 5 seconds to go.  A penalty kick on a frustration foul.  I don't watch much soccer so if my terminology is wrong, please forgive me.  😀

VERY disappointing end to what should have been a great season.  The last two matches left a lot to be desired.  Hopefully that stirs the team to come back stronger next year.  We left a lot on the table.