Maya Mayberry

74Titan

Maya Mayberry is not on this season's current roster, even though she was just a junior. First of all, is she healthy? If not I hope she gets well soon. If healthy, where did Maya transfer to? Since she started two years running, it couldn't have been a playing time issue. 

18 minutes ago, 74Titan said:

Maya Mayberry is not on this season's current roster, even though she was just a junior. First of all, is she healthy? If not I hope she gets well soon. If healthy, where did Maya transfer to? Since she started two years running, it couldn't have been a playing time issue. 

I see her listed... Unless I'm missing something

Maya Mayberry - 2019-20

Maya's name is not on today's game program. There were 14 on the roster; now "only" 13. 

It might be a redshirt for personal or medical reasons and she will return next season.  That would also give her two seasons to play with her little sister. 

43 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

She was not announced with the team at the Courtside Countdown either.  There is something up here........ 🤔

I have been to last two games and she has not been seen on the bench or in the arena.  ?????????????? 

• 1 month later...

Maya was off of the roster on the ORU Athletics website earlier in the season, but is now listed again.  I'd be interested to know what the situation is with her and with OSU grad transfer Jentry Holt.  I was expecting both of them (especially Maya) to play a significant role on the team this season - and their absence has definitely impacted the W-L record so far.  Any insights from the insiders?    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After watching the ladies play the Coyotes yesterday I went to the Athletic Department's website and checked the roster.  Maya is not listed on the roster posted on the website.  As a matter of fact, there are now only 11 players listed on the roster, 5 of whom are either Seniors or Redshirt Seniors.  Put differently, we only have 6 underclasswomen on the roster.  With 15 total scholarships, we should have a whopping 9 scholarships available next year.  BTW, we are now 8-12 for the season and 3-4 in the Summit.

14 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

After watching the ladies play the Coyotes yesterday I went to the Athletic Department's website and checked the roster.  Maya is not listed on the roster posted on the website.  As a matter of fact, there are now only 11 players listed on the roster, 5 of whom are either Seniors or Redshirt Seniors.  Put differently, we only have 6 underclasswomen on the roster.  With 15 total scholarships, we should have a whopping 9 scholarships available next year.  BTW, we are now 8-12 for the season and 3-4 in the Summit.

This is a disaster year for this class and they started out fair with the two freshmen sisters but things have gone downhill quick. I am just wondering if this is the Coaches last year. Things are not right and some real red flags are showing up. There has been no word on Maya and the coaches show they do not show up now. i am not sure what is going on.

Player turnover is a pretty strong indicator that a program is not in good shape. I don't know much about the girls squad, but over the last couple of years, every time I come check this board it seems like it's to discuss someone who has announced they are leaving or someone who has disappeared. Not good.

• 1 month later...

Well that is interesting.  With Maya apparently gone and Wyvette announcing she is not going to attend ORU, is their dad on the way out the door as well?  And is Coach Cussen gone also?  We are currently 14-15 overall and 9-7 in the Summit heading into the Tournament.  Our roster is down to 11 total players with 5 of them listed as being Seniors/Red-Shirt Seniors meaning that when the ladies finish this season our WBB program will have a total of 6 players on a team where 15 scholarships are available.

47 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Well that is interesting.  With Maya apparently gone and Wyvette announcing she is not going to attend ORU, is their dad on the way out the door as well?  And is Coach Cussen gone also?  We are currently 14-15 overall and 9-7 in the Summit heading into the Tournament.  Our roster is down to 11 total players with 5 of them listed as being Seniors/Red-Shirt Seniors meaning that when the ladies finish this season our WBB program will have a total of 6 players on a team where 15 scholarships are available.

This year has been so different in many ways. Injuries to Jentry Holt and now Nena Taylor along with not using Raelene Eddens and not sure what that is about. Now this suggest a Coaching Change or Coach Mayberry leaving. Also no appearances except this week on the Coaches Show is so bad for promotion of the program. I have not seen this happen in both the Coaches MBB and WBB before this year. The women are doing better the last few games but I really don't expect them to get out of the first round. Only good thing I saw this year was Brotons improvement and Keni Jo Lippe. This will be a interesting next few weeks.

If I heard the announcers on the ESPN broadcast correctly, they stated that Maya Mayberry took a red-shirt this year and will be back next year.  Can anyone verify this?

On 3/5/2020 at 9:34 AM, ORUalum said:

With her sister not coming and no official word on Maya it would seem a departure from ORU and also the father. With only five returning or six if you count Eddens who did not play all year we are in sad shape for next year. I could be wrong but with the season now over, it looks to maybe have a coaching change. I do think there needs to be a change in some areas of the staff for sure. Keni Jo played her heart out today with not much help. Two starters return next year along with Schumacher. Under 500 this year.

• Upvote 1