JUCO SG Sheldon Stevens (6-3, 170, 2★) -- Verbal

ORUalum

• 1 month later...

I went to high school in Florida (Panama City) and Chipola (juco) has always had good basketball teams. 

I'm giving Media Relations until Monday, but if there are no announcements by that day re: anyone signing this month, I'm going into full panic mode.

RECRUITING IS THE LIFE BLOOD OF ANY SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE ATHLETIC PROGRAM.

Period.

Geez, what an odd and downbeat tweet!!

For crying out loud, don't those guys warrant at least individual social media announcements?

And, why the "NSD20" acronym ONE WEEK AFTER THE DATE??  Will most ORU fans even realize what it means?

Sorry, but this kind of stylized crap is all hat and no cattle; these two players - heck, ANY signees - deserve better than this.

But, reading between the frilly lines:  two players (over 6-2!!) signed, hope they stay healthy, hope they qualify, looking forward to seeing them this summer.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Geez, what an odd and downbeat tweet!!

For crying out loud, don't those guys warrant at least individual social media announcements?

And, why the "NSD20" acronym ONE WEEK AFTER THE DATE??  Will most ORU fans even realize what it means?

Sorry, but this kind of stylized crap is all hat and no cattle; these two players - heck, ANY signees - deserve better than this.

But, reading between the frilly lines:  two players (over 6-2!!) signed, hope they stay healthy, hope they qualify, looking forward to seeing them this summer.

This is the first I have seen from ORU as a strange way of signing date for year 2020. These two were above average recruits and this is it?  awkward silence GIF Sorry OT but this is really unusual way to get Media coverage. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
young man in basketball uniform

Stevens Named MVP for the Second Time

The close of the SAU Tech Rocket men’s basketball season ended with a loss to North Arkansas College but revealed another layer of talent that one player has displayed throughout his two years as a Rocket.

Starter, Sheldon Stevens, from Kansas City, Missouri, and graduate of Grandview High School, brings another layer of skill to the court every time he plays. He is one of the original players the first-year the SAU Tech Rockets took the court in 2018 and has grown as a player and person during his time at SAU Tech. Stevens stated that “Playing at SAU Tech under Coach Levinson helped me prepare for the next level in many ways. He has taught me how to be a leader, on and off the court, how to act like a professional athlete, and to never take the little things in life for granted.”

Coached by Martin Levinson, Stevens has left an impression with his coach as well. “Sheldon came to SAU Tech and believed in us as a college and as a coaching staff from day one. When he arrived on campus, we had not yet started our first season of play, and he set the tone with his work ethic. Sheldon has a special ability to score the basketball in a lot of ways. To be a two-time NJCAA Region 2 Division II MVP shows his consistency as a player and we all look forward to watching him continue his success at Oral Roberts University next year!”

Stevens’s smile and playful demeanor have endured him to the staff and faculty at the College, including SAU Tech Chancellor, Dr. Jason Morrison, and his wife, Stephanie. “Sheldon is a tremendous shooter, and he plays with such aggression on the court. Knowing the adversities he has overcome to get where he is today is genuinely humbling for us. Stephanie and I believe this young man has a bright future on and off the court, and we are so blessed to have the chance to have him as part of the Rocket Family.”

Jason-and-Sheldon.jpg?fit=653%2C836&ssl=

Dr. Jason Morrison, SAU Tech Chancellor, and Sheldon Stevens.

The NJCAA chose Stevens as the Region 2 Division II MVP and for the All-Region First-Team. This is the second time for Stevens to earn both designations while playing for the SAU Tech Rockets. Stevens will transfer in May to Oral Roberts University where he will play for the Golden Eagles.

• 1 month later...