USAO at ORU

theeagleman5

A pre-season match up at Case tonight for the ORU men vs. USAO....hopefully a nice crowd to watch this tune up tilt.....😎

We looked less than impressive tonight, losing to that soccer powerhouse, USAO, 1-0.  That’s right, we lost at home to an NAIA school with a little over 940 student enrollment.  If I am the AD I am having serious thoughts of firing the entire coaching staff immediately.  How long do we continue to turn what appears to be a blind eye to the pathetic performance of the bulk of our programs?

• Like 1

Lol...that IS pathetic....😬

• Like 1

Soccer is an unpredictable game.  It is different than basketball or football because the best team doesn’t always win.  Scoring is generally so low and that is a contributing factor.  However this is certainly not a good sign for this season.

Should have been 2-0 USAO as they missed a 1v1 with the GK.  As ORUjason said soccer can go either way sometimes.  

I posted after the season ended with a 0-5 defeat to Denver.  The men have not mad the conference tournament in 3 years.  4 of the 6 teams make it......Western and Eastern Illinois barley have enough money to have a program.  The men's coach has to coach the girls program as well. 

I doubt the program has ever been absent from the conference tournament 3 straight years.  There is a lot of talent on the team, they should not be losing to the likes of USAO. 

Lets not panic after one exhibition game. Hopefully there will be a better result vs. Rogers State...if not...then we can panic....😬

To clarify my previous comment, you are right Eagleman, one match does not make the season.  However, why I stated what I did comes not from just the USAO match but rather the trajectory basically of all of our athletic programs over a number of years.  Compare our facilities with the rest of the Summit and also our budgets and you will find that we are not the bottom feeders of the League.  However, when looking at results overall we usually are at or near the bottom of the League or perhaps an "also ran" who happened to make an appearance in the League tournament games only to bow out quickly.  As Okiesooner stated above, the men's soccer team has not made the League tourney the last 3 years even though each year 4 out of the 6 teams get an invite.  Secondly, look at the recent Summit League poll regarding both men's and women's cc.  We are picked to finish dead last in the League for both the men's and the women's programs.  I could go on but my basic point is when will the Athletic Department start holding the coaching staffs responsible for achieving something more then simply fielding a team?  I am tired of seeing the XDSU teams finishing at or near the top of the League in virtually every sport the Summit sponsors.  

Good points, 82....accountability of the coaching staffs is important and the soccer teams haven't done much over the past few years....especially the men.....if ORU can't make the tournament and finish with at least a .500 record then perhaps heads should roll.....the dude above said that the men's team does have talent....time to put it together on the pitch.....GO BLUE!!….:shield-logo: