Phipps decommits from TU

vcboy2000

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/tu/booker-t-washington-guard-trey-phipps-decommits-from-tu/article_427f4ed8-74e2-58f3-b95a-1466ecafaab1.html

I gotta hunch that dad is ready to get back into the ranks of college coaching,and father and son will be a package deal wherever he goes. 

From the TW article:

TU, which hasn’t signed a Tulsa Public Schools player to a basketball scholarship since 2000

Can that be right?

12 hours ago, darrenj said:

Once OU offered it was just a matter of time. 

Hey, darrenj, if you haven't already, check out my diatribe re: TU fans in the "2019-2010 MBB Roster" thread.  It has a link to their message board and all their grinching about Phipps.  Typical TU - lol.

Yea, They are really happy over there! It's ok when that type of stuff goes their way!:)

Phipps had a great summer and he is a knock down shooter. Wondering if he will jump on the OU offer.

4 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Yea, They are really happy over there! It's ok when that type of stuff goes their way!:)

Phipps had a great summer and he is a knock down shooter. Wondering if he will jump on the OU offer.

Would be funny if now Sean and Scott Sutton both try to get involved from Texas Tech and OSU, respectively.  Might as well throw Corey Williams/Chris Crutchfield from Arkansas into that mix as well!  Conley may end up getting as many texts as Trey - lol.

Speaking of former ORU assistants, looking forward to your boy Hank bringing his UCO Broncos to the Mabee Center this season. Possible upset alert!

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Speaking of former ORU assistants, looking forward to your boy Hank bringing his UCO Broncos to the Mabee Center this season. Possible upset alert!

Geez, hate to reply to my own post, but just saw this - what the heck??  I'll post it by itself as well...

https://bronchosports.com/news/2019/7/24/tom-hankins-resigns-as-mens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

Wow - I wonder what is going on with Tom? Is he joining one of the Sutton's?

That didn't take long!:) He was a lock as soon as they offered as that is the one he was waiting on. 

What they are saying and the names they are calling a 17 yr old kid and his family is just unbelievable on that board right now.

I can't imagine that is allowed on most boards. Geez.

I mean what did they think was going to happen as soon as OU offered? It was a sure thing.

This happens all the time to Mid major or lower mid major schools which is what TU is. Just part of the deal.

2 hours ago, darrenj said:

That didn't take long!:) He was a lock as soon as they offered as that is the one he was waiting on. 

What they are saying and the names they are calling a 17 yr old kid and his family is just unbelievable on that board right now.

I can't imagine that is allowed on most boards. Geez.

I mean what did they think was going to happen as soon as OU offered? It was a sure thing.

This happens all the time to Mid major or lower mid major schools which is what TU is. Just part of the deal.

TU fans have such an over-inflated opinion of their school, it's laughable.

One poster on their board, who on other topics is typically normal, said that TU offered a "better education" than OU. 

What is he smoking? 

Sure, there may be some goofball 4-year majors at OU for the kids who don't care, but to think a TU law, or medical, or petroleum geology degree is somehow "better" than one from OU (just because it's more expensive to obtain) is delusional.

Oh, wait, I forgot:  TU just announced that they are DROPPING their graduate petroleum geology program, along with over EIGHTY other majors. 

Maybe that's why Trey is going to OU:  better academic opportunities!

Here's a link to all the teeth-gnashing; I guess they're not interested in maintaining any kind of relationship with the Phipps family in case Trey looks to transfer in a year or two:

https://tulsa.forums.rivals.com/threads/trey-phipps-decommits.18085/

2 hours ago, darrenj said:

Yeah, not a good look...

54 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I guess they're not interested in maintaining any kind of relationship with the Phipps family in case Trey looks to transfer in a year or two:

BTW probably won't produce any decent players in the future so it will all work out OK 😆

the office eye roll GIF

On 8/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Yeah, not a good look...

BTW probably won't produce any decent players in the future so it will all work out OK 😆

the office eye roll GIF

No kidding!  You think Conley Phipps is ever going to recommend TU to a player's family as long as he's coach at Booker T./anywhere??