Drew's Ex-Assistants Making Own Mark (Waco Tribune)

Old Titan

Quote from ORU Head Coach Paul Mills:

“Not a day goes by when I don’t talk to somebody on that (Baylor) staff, and sometimes several times a day.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZb9ZrkCe-0w18zRvf6bm

8 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

You do realize that's the same article i linked through the Twitter post above? LOL

tenor.gif

...with my point being:  the sooner ANY coach can truly move on from his previous school successes, or his All-American playing days, or the big-time conference in which he played, the sooner he becomes better at what he does.

Just as in life:  meaningful growth is about moving FORWARD, not looking back. 

You do the best with what you've brought along on the journey; you don't waste time running back for re-supply.

And, you trash the Baylor-green note cards... 😉

OT, 

Some people never move on from the past especially with the record the last couple of years and yes I knew it was the twitter but some people may need a little help here and there. I just wanted the note on Midland connection in the article for people to read it if they wanted to.  I hope Coach Mills will make his own destiny with the staff he now has. This year will tell all! 

tenor.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Odd tweet, in that this is the same Twitter photo from a similar visit by former BAYLOR star Epke Udoh last August:

Would sure love to see some pictures like this of former ORAL ROBERTS players stopping by the Mabee Center as well.  Seems like maybe I saw something in the last few months (though not from Paul Mills) of Larry Owens and/or Caleb Green working out with the fellas?  Larry is coaching in town at Webster High School, so it's not like it would be inconvenient!

Wondering why it doesn't happen more?  Are the former ORU players not willing, due to resentment re: Scott Sutton's dismissal, or are they simply not being extended the invitation? 

Or, maybe they DO drop by, but the visit (and their picture) is just not making it to social media?

Larry was in a few photos from the recent summer camps and Moses Ehambe is working in the Athletic Dept now. 

I agree it’s always good to have former players come back (and that it should be featured)... Maybe guys like Caleb and DoMo find it hard to make it to Mabee since they are still playing?

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about!

JB was not only a human spark plug, he was instrumental in convincing several great players to sign with ORU in what was “The Golden Age” of ORU’s second stint in Division 1 play. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 8:19 PM, Old Titan said:

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about!

JB was not only a human spark plug, he was instrumental in convincing several great players to sign with ORU in what was “The Golden Age” of ORU’s second stint in Division 1 play. 

Great story from one year ago about Caleb, who has enjoyed a wild professional ride; playing in Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey and now (according to Wikipedia) South Korea:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/oru/bill-haisten-at-former-oru-memorial-star-caleb-green-remains/article_21019fbe-e8da-5d24-a301-5c24bcdd7e6f.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caleb_Green_(basketball)

The guy really should write a book when he's done; just not sure if it should be a basketball bio, or a travel guide.

• 1 month later...

Frankly disappointed once again that my "follow" of the current coaching staff results in seeing posts like this.

I know, I know - I get it:  he enjoyed being around this player while at Baylor, and admires his work ethic.  No doubt the guy was special, and those were heady times in Waco.

But, I look forward to the day that ORU's coaching staff (whoever it might be) gushes so enthusiastically on Twitter about a current or former Golden Eagle player, instead of someone who played for their former employer.

I mean, for crying out loud - we're three years into this regime.  No memories yet?

Thanks - I really like(d) the Caleb Green one.

But on the whole, they're not quite as passionate, wouldn't you agree?

Like I said:  I look forward to the gushing ones, whenever that may be!  LOL

• 4 weeks later...