2020 Offers

Dr. Cornelius

Max Preps website says he graduated in 2020 from a high school in  Frisco, Texas.  He is listed as a small forward (6'6) who averaged 18 points and seven rebounds last year.  Very interesting. Maybe another player has left the team.

Jonathan is a native of Haiti, continuing the international flavor of ORU's roster.  6-6 and 190 as an incoming freshman and a likely red-shirt candidate.   Let the 2020-21 roster speculation begin - it may be the only excitement we get from a season that may never happen!😬

3 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Jonathan is a native of Haiti, continuing the international flavor of ORU's roster.  6-6 and 190 as an incoming freshman and a likely red-shirt candidate.   Let the 2020-21 roster speculation begin - it may be the only excitement we get from a season that may never happen!😬

Wonder how hard it might be for the European players (Francis and Carlos) to get back to Tulsa this year to even be on the team. So maybe Johnaton is the back up plan if one of them cannot travel internationally.

1 hour ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Verbal Commits has Alexandre listed as a walk- on for this coming year.

This is great. Excellent 3 point shooter but needs defensive skill set. He is a wonderful prospect for the next year.  Needs a year of working with the D1 program. This is my take but glad for him to be an Eagle. Welcome.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/texas/frisco/legacy-christian-academy/jonathan-alexandre1

Jonathon is listed as the 58 player in the state of Texas and the 556 player overall by Max Preps.  In one of his interviews he mentioned that he had been a soccer player as a kid and that only in the last five years has he picked up basketball.  On film, he looks similar to DJ Weaver in that he is long, athletic, and can shoot the three.  If he continues to improve and mature as a practice player next year, then I would not be surprised if they put him on scholarship in 21-22.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:38 PM, ORUalum said:

they better not issue #30

disappointing...

• 3 weeks later...

What can you expect from the same people who fired a Hall of Fame arena announcer??? 😬🏀😬

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

What can you expect from the same people who fired a Hall of Fame arena announcer??? 😬🏀😬

Don't forget them cutting out the great pep band, too.

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Don't forget them cutting out the great pep band, too.

??? 

I'm confused... is #30 retired?  If it isn't, why can't someone wear it?  I assume once ORU retires Caleb Green's #30, it will then be off limits.  Am I missing something?