2020 Offers

Dr. Cornelius

24/7 recruiting has Bergens listed as a three star prospect and ranked 141 out of all the high school players. If he signs with ORU this would be a great pickup for Coach Mills. Only draw back is he is listed at 6'1, so another small guard. Clover is ranked 260 by 24/7.

I really like Berges' game. Good court vision and has some familiarity playing against longer defenders (judging from the FIBA footage I've seen).

Hope he signs here.

Wow, we may be headed for some serious "small ball fun-n-gun" type of play.  Could it be that the staff came upon old game footage from the "run-n-gun" days of Ken Trickey's Titans from the early/mid '70's and decided to try and replicate that success?  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Wow, we may be headed for some serious "small ball fun-n-gun" type of play.  Could it be that the staff came upon old game footage from the "run-n-gun" days of Ken Trickey's Titans from the early/mid '70's and decided to try and replicate that success?  

Richard Fuqua, Sam McCants, Al Boswell, Eldon Lawyer and Dwayne Fox made up the backcourts during Trickey’s glory years of 1970-74. 

Every one of them was 6’4” or taller (Lawyer may have been 6’2”-ish, but you get my drift). 

And that was at a time when players overall weren’t as tall as today:  Haywood Hill played the 3 at just 6’2”; Anthony Roberts swung between the 2, 3 and 4 spots at just 6’5”.  Eddie Woods started in the post at 6’8”.

Yeh, I know OT.  It was my poor attempt at humor/sarcasm.  However you are correct, those Titans had more height then what we are currently dealing with.  And, only time will tell if the current group has the talent/skills of those Titans.  However, I think RJ is developing and still has upside.

• Like 1

Really surprised that hardly no one offered Bergens a scholarship. If he is so highly rated and lives in Maryland, you would think some east coast schools would purse him. The Big Ten, ACC and Big East are right in his backyard and only Loyola Maryland shows any interest. Strange indeed.

22 hours ago, ORU82 said:

I was gonna say at least we have the no defense down😀🏀

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Really surprised that hardly no one offered Bergens a scholarship. If he is so highly rated and lives in Maryland, you would think some east coast schools would purse him. The Big Ten, ACC and Big East are right in his backyard and only Loyola Maryland shows any interest. Strange indeed.

Well we should find out today

• 1 month later...

another guy from the Netherlands....

33 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

another guy from the Netherlands....

As long as he can ball like Eman then keep sending as many as you want from the Netherlands!

On 5/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

As long as he can ball like Eman then keep sending as many as you want from the Netherlands!

This seems to indicate we have a scholarship to give and if so who is not coming back or not coming this fall? What am I missing here? 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe John was offered and might have even been on campus... but is there an open spot?

The 2020-21 roster speculation is getting more interesting every day.  I realize that this is only an offer, not a signing, but why would an offer be issued at this stage of the game unless a position was available?

27 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The 2020-21 roster speculation is getting more interesting every day.  I realize that this is only an offer, not a signing, but why would an offer be issued at this stage of the game unless a position was available?

That's my assessment as well. There must be another open scholarship...