Summit Championship

Section A

Omaha and South Dakota State are a lock for the Championship.

Only 2 other teams make the Championship but there a 3 teams in contention.

I hope ORU steps up and sweeps Omaha this week.  But what happens if ORU is swept by Omaha and ends with a record of 15-14.

Western Illinois should sweep Ft. Wayne and end with a record of 17-13.

If North Dakota State goes 2-1 at home against SDS ending with a 16-14 record and ORU is swept by Omaha then ORU doesn't make the Championship.

If you were SDS would you want ORU to make the Championship so you could beat them or would you lose to NDS on purpose (resting your key players) so ORU doesn't make the Championship?

If ORU makes the Championship I fully expect them to win and "earn" the ticket to the NCAA's.

This week's games are very important!

Agree that if I were SDSU...I wouldn't want to see ORU in the tournament....same for Omaha.....so it's up to the Good Guys to take care of business and take at least 2 of 3 this weekend at Omaha...can't expect any help from PFW and SDSU......if ORU can't do that...then we don't deserve to make the post season and heads should roll.....😯

• Upvote 1

South Dakota State still has a chance to win the regular season title and host next year's tournament. 

I can't see them "throwing" games this week just in the hopes of avoiding ORU (or any other team) in Tulsa.

Good point....I think all 4 teams in Tulsa will be fairly even and anybody could win so seeding means little....but hosting the 2020 tournament is a real carrot for SDSU and If ORU wins 2 of 3  at Omaha then the Jacks could take the #1 seed by sweeping the Bison.....lots still to play for in the final weekend....😎