ORU at W. Illinois

theeagleman5

This is a very important series for ORU this weekend in Macomb....Good Guys must take at least 2 of 3 and a sweep would be nice....not sure if you are watching but ORU in 3rd place behind undefeated Omaha and SDSU...we can't afford to lose more ground in the race for playoff seeding plus the top seed gets to host the Summit Tournament in 2020....need a big game from McMinn this afternoon.....let's also hope the bats are alive.....GO BLUE!!...:shield-logo:

Geez...same old same old...ORU loses, 8-5 vs a team that is 9-18....🙄

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!🤬😬🤢

OK, it is officially time to panic.  I take back what I posted a few weeks ago.  

Now they need to focus on being one of the top 4 seeds so that they don’t miss the playoffs that they are hosting.  

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

OK, it is officially time to panic.  I take back what I posted a few weeks ago.  

Now they need to focus on being one of the top 4 seeds so that they don’t miss the playoffs that they are hosting.  

Yep.

There's obviously still time to right the ship and win the tournament in late May, but it's looking very likely that ORU's streak of regular season titles (and the subsequent privilege of hosting next year's championship) has all but officially ended. 

After all, Omaha is already 11-0 on the season!

Swept at home by Western Illinois. Wow. All time low for ORU baseball?  

I don't know if ORU Baseball has ever had a "must-win" Summit series in April, but the next six games are crucial - hosting undefeated Omaha next weekend and then traveling to Fargo for a series with NDSU.  The Bizon are currently tied with ORU for third.  A sweep of Omaha and a series win at NDSU are must-haves if ORU is going to have a chance to rally in the regular season.

TheEagleman is speechless for once....😬