2019 -2020 Roster

ORUalum

Any chance Javan comes back home to team back up with E-man for his last year?

Javan White returning would be great and I would love to see him back on the team.  He would certainly be welcomed by the fan base as well.  

But I won’t hold my breath because there was obviously a reason in his mind why he chose to leave ORU.  

Honestly there would be less risk for him to return to ORU because he would likely start alongside Nzekwesi and Obanor (since Kerwin Smith is gone) and anywhere else he would have to work hard to prove himself and earn playing time.

13 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Javan White returning would be great and I would love to see him back on the team.  He would certainly be welcomed by the fan base as well.  

But I won’t hold my breath because there was obviously a reason in his mind why he chose to leave ORU.  

Honestly there would be less risk for him to return to ORU because he would likely start alongside Nzekwesi and Obanor (since Kerwin Smith is gone) and anywhere else he would have to work hard to prove himself and earn playing time.

There's also the question of whether the coaching staff would want him back.

I hope Javan has success wherever he goes but he probably transferred a level too high last season. If he had gone to Nevada he would have played a lot more.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

There's also the question of whether the coaching staff would want him back.

I hope Javan has success wherever he goes but he probably transferred a level too high last season. If he had gone to Nevada he would have played a lot more.

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson reserve forward Javan White is transferring after one season with the Tigers.

White is a 6-foot-10, graduate player from Ames, Iowa, who joined Clemson after three seasons at Oral Roberts. Because he had finished his degree, White was immediately eligible to play for the Tigers. White averaged more than eight minutes in 33 games and made two starts. He averaged two points and two rebounds this season.

Clemson coach Brad Brownell thanked White for his hard work since joining the program and "we wish him well in the future," the coach said.

White has one more season of college eligibility remaining.

I believe Isaiah Jones would be a better fit with two years of eligibility.

jones.jpgORU GRAD

19 hours ago, Old Titan said:

For everyone who was looking at Milton as some sort of savior for next season, I tried to tell you he wasn't that good back in October before he got hurt.

Now everyone's wants to hang their hat on Abmas, a true freshman who put up big numbers at a small private high school, but seems to have commitment issues.

As for the point guard, we now have a 6'4" guard on the roster who played point and the 2. He can go to the basket. Kylen Milton from 6A in Arkansas. He is a player. I like his game. He is not afraid to go to the hoop. After watching NCAA tournament, I like the height and the motor. Just saying! 

23 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson reserve forward Javan White is transferring after one season with the Tigers.

White is a 6-foot-10, graduate player from Ames, Iowa, who joined Clemson after three seasons at Oral Roberts. Because he had finished his degree, White was immediately eligible to play for the Tigers. White averaged more than eight minutes in 33 games and made two starts. He averaged two points and two rebounds this season.

Clemson coach Brad Brownell thanked White for his hard work since joining the program and "we wish him well in the future," the coach said.

White has one more season of college eligibility remaining.

I believe Isaiah Jones would be a better fit with two years of eligibility.

jones.jpgORU GRAD

He's gonna be a Golden Eagle..............just at Southern Miss and not ORU.

He committed yesterday per Verbal Commits...

On 3/29/2019 at 7:58 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Abmas played his high school career in Texas 6A so it's not like he was playing at Holland Hall or something.

I must have his pedigree confused with another prospect; I thought he was at a private school in the Dallas area. 

Tell you what:  if he ever actually SIGNS with ORU, I will make it my life’s mission to learn everything there is to know about his high school career. 

But till then?  He’s JAG (just another guy).

1. Lazenby (R-SR)
  2. EMan (R-SR)
  3. Kearns (SR)
  4. Saunders (SR)
  5. D. Jones (R-JR)
  6. Fuqua (R-SO)
  7. Obanor (R-SO)
  8. Jurgens (SO)
  9. Weaver (SO)
  10. Lacis (SO)
  11. Kylen Milton (FR)
  12.  ______________
  13.  ______________

Verbal: Abmas (FR);   Offers: Brewer (JR)

1. Lazenby (R-SR)
  2. EMan (R-SR)
  3. Kearns (SR)
  4. Saunders (SR)
  5. D. Jones (R-JR)
  6. Fuqua (R-SO)
  7. Obanor (R-SO)
  8. Jurgens (SO)
  9. Weaver (SO)
  10. Lacis (SO)
  11. Kylen Milton (FR)
  12.  D.Burns (R-SR)
  13.  Abmas (FR)            ORU GRAD😎

thanks ORU GRAD.

forgot about the UALR transfer, Burns....gotta think they still need to bring in a post to  protect the rim in their zone.

i wonder if they have another guard transferring out or if they got word that Abmas is not going to sign

46 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

thanks ORU GRAD.

forgot about the UALR transfer, Burns....gotta think they still need to bring in a post to  protect the rim in their zone.

i wonder if they have another guard transferring out or if they got word that Abmas is not going to sign

I really think you might be on to something ORUalum. We need a big 6'9-6'10 range and we lost two Smith and Ahmedic. We have so many guards. Kerns, Saunders, Jones, Fuqua, Jurgens, Milton, and Burns. Either way, with the addition of Lazenby, we should be set. ORU GRAD

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, ORU GRAD said:
  1. Lazenby (R-SR)
  2. EMan (R-SR)
  3. Kearns (SR)
  4. Saunders (SR)
  5. D. Jones (R-JR)
  6. Fuqua (R-SO)
  7. Obanor (R-SO)
  8. Jurgens (SO)
  9. Weaver (SO)
  10. Lacis (SO)
  11. Kylen Milton (FR)
  12.  D.Burns (R-SR)
  13.  ______________ORU GRAD😎

With 5'-11" Max Abmas apparently scheduled to sign on Wednesday, 4/24, to fill that 13th scholarship spot, you are looking at a shockingly diminutive roster for the D-1 level.

Of course, there's always the possibility this list could change between now and the start of classes in August.

But, unless at least a couple of big men are somehow added between now and then, ORU fans better pray Nzekwesi and Obanor never get in foul trouble, roll an ankle, catch a cold, miss a class, etc.

They are literally the only big men on the team, and neither is a "5".

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

With 5'-11" Max Abmas apparently scheduled to sign on Wednesday, 4/24, to fill that 13th scholarship spot, you are looking at a shockingly diminutive roster for the D-1 level.

Of course, there's always the possibility this list could change between now and the start of classes in August.

But, unless at least a couple of big men are somehow added between now and then, ORU fans better pray Nzekwesi and Obanor never get in foul trouble, roll an ankle, catch a cold, miss a class, etc.

They are literally the only big men on the team, and neither is a "5".

I would bet on some additional roster shake up. You absolutely need a true 5 or the zone will get shredded (even worse than it did at times this past season) - plus how will ORU counter league favorite NDSU without a true 5?

Maybe ORU is just going to play fast this season 😀

On 4/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, ORU GRAD said:
  1. Lazenby (R-SR)
  2. EMan (R-SR)
  3. Kearns (SR)
  4. Saunders (SR)
  5. D. Jones (R-JR)
  6. Fuqua (R-SO)
  7. Obanor (R-SO)
  8. Jurgens (SO)
  9. Weaver (SO)
  10. Lacis (SO)
  11. Kylen Milton (FR)
  12.  D.Burns (R-SR)
  13.  ______________ORU GRAD😎

I am happy we finally got this recruit and now we wait to see what happens and how we accomplish a big with a full Roster.Image result for emoji with question mark eyes

D5AxDXPXkAApfUZ.jpg:large

These 8 plus 4 new recruits = 12 ??????????????????? Jones is missing from this picture?

Great poster!  Jones had trouble transferring  before so maybe he just won't be able to play for ORU.  They still need a big or we will see a lot of K.O. and E-man at the five and that does not bode well on the defensive side of the ball.  2019-2020 team has a lot of potential, maybe the most in the last 5-7 years.  Excitement is brewing.