ORU vs. NDSU/Round 1

theeagleman5

The Golden Eagles are in Sioux Falls to face the Bison on Sunday evening in the first round of the Summit League Tournament.....NDSU has defeated us by double digits twice in the past six weeks but as someone pointed out, both games ORU played without arguably our best player E-Man....TheEagleman thinks that this is definitely going to help us but not sure it will be enough to get ORU into the win column.....we haven't seemed to match up well with NDSU and they will have much more fan support in the building unless the South Dakota and SDSU fans jump on the ORU bandwagon....recent history also shows that the Good Guys haven't fared well in Sioux Falls and I think it's been four years since we have won a first round game.....ORU needs big efforts from all the guys to pull this one out....E-Man, Obanor and Weaver will all need to be well into double digits for us to have a decent shot.....also, there is the Kearns factor....anybody know if he's on the trip and will be suited up?....clearly he's a huge factor in this contest if he can play.....if not, ORU will likely struggle.....at this point, TheEagleman has to assume he's not going to be in the line up.....I expect the Bison to be favored by at least 5 or 6 points......expecting a tough battle in a game that ORU CAN win if we play like we did vs. Omaha last week.....but history just doesn't bear it out.....ORU finishes up at 11-21....NDSU 82  ORU 76.....😫:tb-white:😫

Who can confirm that Sam Kearns be playing Sunday? Unless you have inside information, the team may not pass out information until right before game time. Make the other team think otherwise/prepare differently. Thank you.

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

The Golden Eagles are in Sioux Falls to face the Bison on Sunday evening in the first round of the Summit League Tournament.....NDSU has defeated us by double digits twice in the past six weeks but as someone pointed out, both games ORU played without arguably our best player E-Man....TheEagleman thinks that this is definitely going to help us but not sure it will be enough to get ORU into the win column.....we haven't seemed to match up well with NDSU and they will have much more fan support in the building unless the South Dakota and SDSU fans jump on the ORU bandwagon....recent history also shows that the Good Guys haven't fared well in Sioux Falls and I think it's been four years since we have won a first round game.....ORU needs big efforts from all the guys to pull this one out....E-Man, Obanor and Weaver will all need to be well into double digits for us to have a decent shot.....also, there is the Kearns factor....anybody know if he's on the trip and will be suited up?....clearly he's a huge factor in this contest if he can play.....if not, ORU will likely struggle.....at this point, TheEagleman has to assume he's not going to be in the line up.....I expect the Bison to be favored by at least 5 or 6 points......expecting a tough battle in a game that ORU CAN win if we play like we did vs. Omaha last week.....but history just doesn't bear it out.....ORU finishes up at 11-21....NDSU 82  ORU 76.....😫:tb-white:😫

I am expecting a close game, seems to be how NDSU operates no matter who we play as of late. I doubt we'll have many more fans or at least an amount that will make any kind of difference. At best there will be a 100 or so NDSU fans there. Whoevrer wins will get to face 9,000 SDSU fans on Monday night though. 

1 hour ago, 74Titan said:

Who can confirm that Sam Kearns be playing Sunday? Unless you have inside information, the team may not pass out information until right before game time. Make the other team think otherwise/prepare differently. Thank you.

Don't know anything for sure but it looks like Kearns (#10) was suited up for practice in the short video the team released on Twitter.

They are there and hopefully ready to play! Kearns is an unknown for the game. 

less than 100 NDSU fans.

from 2009-2014 there'd always be 1000-2000 NDSU fans and 3000-4000 for the title games those year.

apathy has set in, and the bandwagon fans will always compare ndsu bb to ndsu fb which is unfair.

I would not be surprised by any outcome in this game, but I will say this:  ORU has to contain Shahid at least a little bit, or they’re in trouble.

If they can, they’ve got a chance.

Oru will need to have some good guard play from Malone or Jurgens if Sam cannot play to balance out the inside game.  Hopefully they find a way to win after losing the first two to NDSU.  It will most likely come down to the very end of the game but calling it 73-71 ORU!

The SDSU loss throws so much more adrenaline into today's match-up, it makes an already murky game downright opaque.

Gonna definitely be one to watch:  Cox Channel 3 in Tulsa will have the MidCo broadcast live at 6pm.  It's also on ESPN+ for a fee.

I will be watching this game and the ladies from the comforts of my man cave.  For the guys’ game I will turn down the TV and crank up Adam’s call of the game on the TuneIn app.  Thank God for the ESPN broadcasts and my barco lounger and 72” plasma hd TV.  It could be a heck of a ride.  I am pumped from 1,000+ miles away.  Go Golden Eagles!

• Upvote 1

No clue....but with NDSU only a 3 point favorite you have to wonder if Vegas knows Sam is playing because that line should be at least 5...O/U is only 142....TheEagleman is liking ORU with and the over but not a huge play...:tb-white:

Neither E-Man or Kearns are in the starting lineup

Strange EOOC health minute just now:  "Well, this is the time of year when everyone has to be 100%, so everyone is ready to go."

Then, pretty much avoids whether E-Man and Sam are anywhere near 100%, saying Emmanuel is "a lot better than he was", and that Sam "participated in practices this week, but it was all non-contact".

Your guess is as good as mine...game on!

Midway through the first half and Cox has failed to make the switch to Midco's game broadcast on Channel 3...